Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#26 2011-05-12 08:49:46

**_redhatperl_**

Re: Adobe Presenter 7 for 2010 only for 32 bit? What about 64?

Hi jayguns,

You have to downgrade to IE8 from IE9. It is a known issue that Adobe Presenter will not work with IE9.

Thanks,
Ravi

#27 2011-05-12 09:01:59

**_jayguns_**

Thank you for your response. It's hard to imagine the licensing issue is affected by the browser. My installation attempts have all shown the installation completed o.k. but the licensing error message appears when I attempt any presenter function in Powerpoint. Also, for those that report that the error message only "flashes" on the screen, click on the function a second time and the error message sticks.

#28 2011-05-12 11:02:00

**_jayguns_**

Downgraded to IE 8 and the problem remains unresolved. I did experience a great side benefit. My Outlook email and Outlook Connector work much better.

I do very much appreciate the effort and contributions here.

Guess I'll wait until Adobe sorts out the problems and launches a clean install utility.

#29 2011-05-12 11:06:24

**_redhatperl_**

Jay,

After downgrading did you uninstalled the Presenter and installed it again ?

Thanks,
Ravi

#30 2011-06-01 20:27:52

**_heywardjr_**

To clarify:

Adobe Presenter is 32-bit and is only supported for use with MS Office 32-bit. The OS can be 32-bit or 64-bit.
There are no plans to create a 64-bit version of Presenter in the future. Microsoft recommends the most users should be using Office 32-bit not the 64-bit version unless they have very large spreadsheets and other high end needs. So, the decision was made to only support 32-bit Office.

As another side note. There is a known bug with IE9 installed and Presenter. Presenter cannot display the EULA agreement if IE9 is installed. This will be fixed with Presenter 7.07 coming soon this summer but in the meantime you have several choices.

1. Uninstall IE9, reboot, install Presenter, accept the EULA then re-install IE9
2. If that does not work, this is the ultimate solution:

Create a folder called undefined in the c:\program files\adobe\presenter7\legal
Then copy the EULA for your country from the following location to the undefined folder:
c:\program files\adobe\presenter7\legal\"your country"
(Basically you are moving the EULA to that undefined location)

This all becomes fixed with the new installer as part of Presenter 7.07 (coming soon this summer).

#31 2011-06-08 14:56:10

**_kmpalencia_**

Hi Heywardjr, Thank you for this response. Our users are still experiencing the issue even when they uninstall IE9, reboot, install Presenter, accept the EULA then re-install IE9.

I will try your second option with a user and will report results.

Thank you again.

Kim

#32 2011-08-05 10:12:03

**_Jody_CPP_**

Thank you jayguns, I was having the exact problem as Kim stated above, and happened upon your post regarding IE 9.  I uninstalled the IE9, which is a version that takes advantage of your 64bit processor.  I was able to load Adobe Presenter.  Now microsoft keeps trying to reload IE9, how do I get them to stop.  I have had nothing but problems with IE9.

Jody

#33 2011-08-05 19:56:11

**_redhatperl_**

You can hide the Update to IE9 when you goto windows update.

#34 2011-08-29 15:39:45

**_kmpalencia_**

When users installed Adobe Presenter and could not get the menu to work - they were able to resolve the EULA error by doing the following, like heywardjr advised:

1. go to your Presenter installation folder, eg. C:\Program Files\Adobe\Presenter 7\adobe_epic\
   2. Rename the folder titled

#35 2011-08-30 10:55:42

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You should be able to do a clean install of Presenter 7.0.7, as it doesn't work like a patch. Have you tried uninstalling Presenter 7.0.X on the user's computer and then running the installer for Presenter 7.0.7?

#36 2011-09-07 19:57:49

**_heywardjr_**

I highly recommend that you do this:

1. Uninstall Presenter
2. Uninstall Powerpoint
3. Reboot
4. Reinstall Powerpoint 2010 32-bit
5. Download the new Presenter 7.07 which is posted here: http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/
take a look down the page and there is a link posted there for existing customers...use that...that gives you the new installer along with the entire code and all patches all in one install
6. Have your serial number handy as you will need to enter it during the first launch

This has worked for many people since the 7.07 installer fixes the issues with Office 2010.

#37 2011-09-07 20:05:49

**_heywardjr_**

I'll repeat that there are no development plans for Adobe Presenter to be developed for 64-bit Office systems. Microsoft recommends 32-bit Office as the normal version to use.

You can install Presenter in 64-bit Windows systems but you have to use 32-bit Office.

The completely new Presenter 7.07 is posted for free download on the product page. This new version is a full installer and all you need to have handy is your Presenter 7 serial number.

Get it here: http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/

#38 2011-09-08 14:16:12

**_kmpalencia_**

Hi heywardjr. You are correct, since the trial version of 7.07 was released we have been seeing great success.

Do you know when the free trial will no longer be available and the full version will be? I would like to put this on my enviornment without users having to login to the adobe site to download it and eventually create  silent installer, so I do not have to provide them our license key.

Thanks so much to everyone for their assistance.

Kim

#39 2011-09-08 14:38:59

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Kim, that is the full version. It installs as a trial version if you don't give it a serial key, like any Adobe software.

You should be able to create a silent installer with your serial key (same key as you have used before).

#40 2011-09-08 15:50:43

**_kmpalencia_**

Thank you Jorma! You are correct. I think I was thrown off with the fact that it says Trial on it.

Take care!!

Kim

#41 2011-09-09 11:21:15

**_ringocase_**

I'm writing this information as it may help someone.

My Issue:  I had Windows 7 64-bit OS, and 32-bit Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010.  I purchased Adobe Acrobat X Suite.  All programs installed except Presenter 7.  When trying to install from the disc, installation appeared to go okay, but after finishing the install Presenter was not to be found on the computer and not as an add-in in PowerPoint.

Adobe Level 1 Tech Support attempted to have me download what may have been the latest version of Presenter and just install it from the presenter.msi file.  When that happened, the error "PowerPoint not found installed on this machine" occurred.

The Resolution:  Adobe Level 2 Tech support had me change the Registry in Windows because apparently Presenter 7 Install was looking for the path to PowerPoint and not finding it or something like that. 

The Steps to Resolution:  Specifically, Adobe had me do the following: 1) Go to the Registry Editor by clicking on the Start Pearl and typing "regedit" in the Search bar and then clicking on the regedit program, 2)  In the Registry Editor navigate to Computer>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>Wow6432Node>Microsoft>Office>14.0., 3)  Right-click on the 14.0 folder and select New>Key, and name it "PowerPoint", making sure to put two capital "p"s, 4) Right-click on the PowerPoint folder just created and choose New>Key again and this time name it "InstallRoot", 5)Right-click on the InstallRoot folder and choose New>String Value and name the new String Value as "Path", 6)  Double-click the Path String Value and enter the path to PowerPoint on your computer, which is probably something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\", 7)  Now install Presenter as normal from my CD, 8)After installation, open PowerPoint and notice new Presenter tab that is now available.

Side Notes That May or May Not Be Important:  1)  Adobe Level 2 Tech Support first had me put a Path String Value in a newly-created PowerPoint Key in the 12.0 folder.  However, an attempted install after doing that did not work.  2)  I was running Internet Explorer 8.  Before I was running IE9 but after reading this forum I went back and took it off, reverting to 8.  This may not have affected my install issue but I was running IE 8 when the install worked.

Board footer