Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-06-30 01:36:00

shailesh

screen sharing closes browser window

I have opened Adobe connect meeting room in an iframe in my website. The normal functions of Adobe Connect meeting run without any problem with this approach. However, when a meeting host tries to invoke screen sharing, Adobe connect add-in is launched and it closes the parent browser window, without any warning. As a result, the users of website are thrown out of the site environment and have no way of going back to it, even after screen sharing ends - apart from opening the site and logging in again.

My questions :

1. Is there a way to prevent the add-in from closing the browser window, on launch of screen sharing?
2. If not, is there a way to warn the users of the imminent action.

Will appreciate your help please.

#2 2014-06-30 10:46:15

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: screen sharing closes browser window

1. No, this is the intended functionality. The add-in opens in its own stand alone window, and is required to do screen sharing.

2. If the add-in is not installed, then the user will be prompted to install it, which could be seen as a warning. However, I'd recommend you use the Note pod function to create your own warning that can live in the meeting room.

#3 2014-06-30 22:45:48

shailesh

Many thanks for your response.

Maybe I was not clear enough on #1 in my message. I realize that add-in will open in its stand alone window, and is required to do screen sharing. What I want to achieve is that it should not close my original window where Adobe connect room was launched in an iframe. In your experience, is there a way to keep my window alive, while the add-in gets launched in its stand alone window ?

#4 2014-08-11 07:25:49

James Booth

shailesh wrote:

Many thanks for your response.

Maybe I was not clear enough on #1 in my message. I realize that add-in will open in its stand alone window, and is required to do screen sharing. What I want to achieve is that it should not close my original window where Adobe connect room was launched in an iframe. In your experience, is there a way to keep my window alive, while the add-in gets launched in its stand alone window ?

NO

Board footer