Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-10-10 10:15:33

hrcuso

Problem with Connect Add-In

Windows 7 64-bit. Internet Explorer 9, Firefox 24.

I am able to access Connect meetings as a guest or a host with no problems, as long as the Connect Add-In is not installed.

I am able to install the Connect Add-In successfully from the Adobe test page (https://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/ … g_test.htm) and all tests pass. However, as soon as I try to enter a Connect meeting, my web browser will display a message:

"The meeting was opened in the Adobe® Connect™ Add-in."

A new "Adobe Connect" window opens and stays blank, and no meeting ever loads.

I am pretty sure this is an artifact of redirecting the Windows Application Data (AppData\Roaming) folder to a file server, which is a common configuration for enterprise customers. So instead of the Connect Add-in installing in:

C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin

it installs in:

\\fileserver\users\username\AppData\Macromedia\Flash Player\www.macromedia.com\bin\adobeconnectaddin

I have a feeling Connect does not know how to handle a path that starts with "\\fileserver" rather than "C:\"

Can anybody confirm whether this configuration causes problems with the Add-In? Anybody have a fix? I have seen this problem with some other Adobe software (Premiere, for example). It seems there may be a bug in the Connect Add-in.

#2 2013-10-12 06:05:33

snikhil

Re: Problem with Connect Add-In

Hi,

It might be a problem with folder redirection.
But as you also mentioned add-in window opened and stays small white(with a text "Loading adobe connect") so you can also check if there is any config file present because of which meeting .swf not loading in add-in.

mms.cfg files can e found at : c:\windows\system32 or at C:\windows\system32\macromed
if 64- bit os then you can find the file at: c:\windows\syswow64 or at c:\windows\syswow64\macromed

thanks
Nikhil

Thanks
snikhil

#3 2013-10-15 11:40:12

hrcuso

snikhil wrote:

Hi,

It might be a problem with folder redirection.
But as you also mentioned add-in window opened and stays small white(with a text "Loading adobe connect") so you can also check if there is any config file present because of which meeting .swf not loading in add-in.

mms.cfg files can e found at : c:\windows\system32 or at C:\windows\system32\macromed
if 64- bit os then you can find the file at: c:\windows\syswow64 or at c:\windows\syswow64\macromed

thanks
Nikhil

mms.cfg file exists in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash. There does not seem to be a problem when I login with a non-redirected account on the same PC.

Does anybody from Adobe read these things?

#4 2013-10-17 06:18:34

spuri

Hi,

Can you please remove the mms.cfg file kept at: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash and then try launching the addin? Do keep a backup of this file in some other folder?

Thanks
Sameer Puri

#5 2013-10-23 20:50:40

mr.kroy

@spuri, even after doing that the same prob prevails. could not attend the kaplan free gre test due to lack of key code :(

Board footer