Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-12-21 16:01:19

**_pierre.fontaine_**

SWF disapears after upgrade to Presenter 7.07 , won't play if added

Now that our Connect server is upgraded to 8.2  , I also upgraded my Presenter to 7.07 today.

I retouched some text on slides not containing SWF in a presentation that contained SWF animations and upon opening the ppt file, the SWFs appear as blank squares.

Upon republishing, the SWFs are as good as absent from their respective slides .

If I delete the blank square and re-import one SWF, it is now visible but it will remain frozen on 1st frame after publishing.

SWFs are AS2 (I think), PowerPoint is 2003 sp3.

I read other threads relating similar problems, is there a list of what sofwares/versions combinations of what works and what does not ?

#2 2011-12-28 12:48:35

**_vanblokland_**

Re: SWF disapears after upgrade to Presenter 7.07 , won't play if added

I had similar issues.  I was running PPT 2003 on Windows 7 64 bit system. Upgrading to PPT 2007 and using PPTX files fixed a lot of my issues.

I had issues using Captivate 5.5 which generates AS3 files so SWFs would not play in presenter before 7.0.7 and Connect 8.2

Current configuration that appears to play well:
Windows 7 64 bit
PPT 2007 (use PPTX files - not compatibility mode)
Presenter 7.0.7
Connect 8.2.0.0
Captivate 5.5

Last edited by **_vanblokland_** (2011-12-28 12:49:25)

#3 2012-01-16 16:16:04

**_jturkle_**

Yes, this is a significant problem that has to do with Adobe Presenter 7.0.7 and the adoption of action script 3.

We have confirmed with Adobe that the swf files are somehow loading before they play. There are several other severe buffering issues with the new action script 3 version Presenter that has caused us to recommend to users NOT to upgrade. I have spent the last 4 months with the Presenter team trying to get their attention around this problem. The biggest implication with this is that because Captivate 5.5 will not publish a backward compatible AS2 swf file. Therefore, Presenter 7.0.6 cannot be used to embed these AS3 swf files. Furthermore, because of the issue with Presenter 7.0.7 not being able to play a Captivate 5.5 swf file, there is currently NO method to embed Captivate 5.5 swf files into Presenter. The best option is to publish using only Captivate as long as your project is small enough to fit in the frame limitations of a swf file. The downside is if you are using Presenter to string multiple swf files together. We have tried outputting Captivate as an MP4 file and transcoding to and flv format, but Presenter is not very well suited to playing video in the Presenter player because of its dynamic screen resolution. As crazy as it sounds, the other option to embed multiple swf files is to output them as flv file and embed them back into Captivate, as flv files don

#4 2012-01-17 09:40:10

**_pierre.fontaine_**

I finally downgraded to Presenter 7.06 to make it work.

Notice that my SWFs are NOT produced with CAPTIVATE.

They are simple animated clips made with FLASH and published from a FLA file
and they are included in questions in an online quizz.
The quizz management seems to conflict further with the clips code.

Each clip plays up to a given frame and stops on that frame;
when the user clics on a button, the clip resumes playing and loops again up to the same frame.
When the user has seen the clip enough to identify the action,
he answers the question and proceeds to the next question.

I don't know if this is related, but whatever frame rate I set inside the clip seems to be overriden by Presenter.

( If knew how, I could attach one example clip to this post. )

#5 2012-01-18 12:05:08

**_jturkle_**

Quiz slides are very different than standard Presenter slides. As our developer likes to say: Quiz slides do not allow for anything, fun, interesting or animated. Translated into layman

#6 2012-01-18 14:07:46

**_pierre.fontaine_**

Huh!

Should you or should you not tell your developer ?

I put a SWF compiled from a FLA on a quizz slide an it did work with Presenter 7.06

#7 2012-01-19 06:01:59

**_Barker_**

Hi there.
So I've payed for the whole pack of the Adobe products. But now I'm a bit confused.
Can you please explain me in plain English what is Adobe Presenter used for?

#8 2012-01-19 08:43:57

**_pierre.fontaine_**

In a few words, Presenter is a plugin for PowerPoint that can turn you presentation into a web page using Flash. I use it to produce content for Adobe Connect.

more here: http://www.adobe.com/products/presenter/

Board footer