Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-01-12 05:20:47

**_Fitzgig_**

How to edit "Slide Manager" inserted content post-production?

In a prior thread that has been answered about removing an image of a guy with a beard and replacing it with the proper image of the instructor - a new issue has arisen.

I got the image out and replaced with the proper one of a nice young woman who does not have a beard - however, the descriptive text of the wrong professor (inserted in the pre-production phase by Slide Manager/Presenter name) remains.  So, now I have the real authors picture, but the authors name and office number is incorrect.

Is there a way to fix this post -production?  I do not have the original ppts.

#2 2011-01-12 07:27:16

**_Purnima_**

Re: How to edit "Slide Manager" inserted content post-production?

Go to Viewer.xml and look for tag

<speakers>
        <speaker>
            <name>XXXXXX</name>
            <speakerTitle>XXXXXXXXX</speakerTitle>
            <email>XXXXXXXXXXX</email>
            <bio>XXXXXXXXXXX ...

and replace whatever data about Presenter you want to.

HIH

#3 2011-01-12 07:32:30

**_Fitzgig_**

Hi and thanks.   I have taken the viewer.xml file, edited it in both a text editor and .xml editor - but when I replace the original viewer.xml file and then clear cache and review - the changes do not seem to "stick".  What am I doing wrong?

Also, per prior message - how do I mark an issue as" resolved"?

#4 2011-01-12 07:48:24

**_Purnima_**

I couldn't understand "not stick". Did you make changes to viewer.xml and played the presentation again ?

#5 2011-01-12 07:55:18

**_Fitzgig_**

Yes.  When I played it again, the changes I made to viewer.xml were not saved.  It appears as though the image is coming from somewhere else.  I mean that I even changed the name of the viewer.xml file to viewer2.xml - figuring that I would get an error message when the program could not find the viewer.xml file.  It ran anyway, still with the old text with the wrong professors name in it.

When I right click the original viewer.xml file and view in a browser, the old text is still there.  So, I opened it in MS word, edited it, saved it as .xml (in Word) replaced the original viewer.xml (after renaming it to viewer2.xl so I did not overwrite with the edited .xml) and it still does not work.

Is there an easier way to edit the .xml file instead of Word (which stuck a bunch of wierd symbols in it)?

#6 2011-01-12 07:57:16

**_Purnima_**

Word pad, Notepad and best of three Notepad++.

Use any of these. I have tried this myself, and all changes were getting reflected when I played the presentation. So try this once again. hope this works.

#7 2011-01-12 08:18:52

**_Fitzgig_**

Yes, this worked.  What I discovered was that when I edited the file in notepad, it was adding a .txt file extension behind the .xml.  So, I did as you said, imported the file into notepad, replace the instructors name in the .xml code, saved it - then renamed the file and removed that .txt extension so that is just said viewer.xml - and it ran fine!!

Thanks so much for the hints.  Now, how do I mark this as answered/resolved in the forum?

#8 2011-01-13 01:50:30

**_Purnima_**

Good to hear that your issues is resolved without any side effects now :)

You have already marked this thread as resolved :)

Board footer