Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-10-25 12:45:02

**_Ray_Cole_**

How can I remove imported audio files?

If I import audio to the wrong slide, is there a way to remove the audio from that slide? I can't find an "un-import" or "remove audio" button anywhere.

-Ray

#2 2010-10-25 12:49:30

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: How can I remove imported audio files?

Just re-import the audio and it will overwrite the old audio.

#3 2010-10-25 12:51:29

**_Ray_Cole_**

Thanks Jorma,

But I don't want any audio on that slide. I guess I could import a silent audio file, but what I really want is to remove the audio file that's currently associated with the slide without replacing it with a new audio file. Is that possible?

-Ray

#4 2010-10-25 13:18:08

**_Daniel_**

If Jorma's still online he'll probably tell you the same - highlight your audio for that slide in the audio editor, and click Insert -> Silence. You'll effectively delete the audio and replace it with nothing that way. You can adjust the number of seconds of silence to get the appropriate amount of playback time for that slide.

#5 2010-10-25 16:24:35

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Daniel is right. I would just go into the Audio Editor, double click on the slide to highlight all the audio for that slide, go to Insert > Silence and then put however much silence you want. This will dictate how long the slide displays, so 10 seconds of silence will allow the slide to show for 10 seconds.

#6 2010-10-27 17:43:26

**_Ray_Cole_**

Thanks everyone. I'm a Presenter newbie, so I appreciate the quick responses!

Only about 50% of my slides have audio and I prefer not to confuse things by having silent audio attached to slides that are not meant to have any audio. So I ended up deleting the slide and recreating it. Now it no longer shows up with an associated audio file in the "Import Audio" list.

If anyone from Adobe is reading this, I'd like to recommend that whenever the tool allows you to associate something (audio, video, interactive swf programs, or whatever) with a slide, it should also give you a button or control for dis-associating it.

Cheers!

-Ray

Last edited by **_Ray_Cole_** (2010-10-27 18:21:47)

Board footer