Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-04-05 18:38:26

**_glenareed_**

Background noise when publish presenter files

I'm using Adobe Presenter 6.0 on a Dell Latitude laptop with Windows XP Pro to record an audio track for PowerPoint slides. The audio sounds fine when I record it and playback in the audio editor. But once I publish the files, I get a "scratchy" background noise on every slide's audio track. I've tried USB and analog microphones, different PCs (laptops) and disconnecting all peripherals, but it still shows up. ???

#2 2010-04-06 08:54:09

**_ClusterUP_**

Re: Background noise when publish presenter files

I solved this once by switching from analog to a USB microphone; that obviously did not work for you. Are you playing it back locally or on the web? If on the web, is there a URL posted we can test to hear the problem? Do you hear scatchy playback for anything else? How does this Presentation sound to you: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

#3 2010-04-06 12:05:44

**_glenareed_**

Re: Background noise when publish presenter files

Hi Cluster

Thanks so much for the reply. The presentation you linked to sounds fine to me. My background noise is "scratchy" like someone is using a scizzors to curl wire or something. Not super loud, but annoying. It sounds fine when I record it and when I play it back in the audio editor - so it's not the microphone. It's in the publishing process, when it converts to flash. I don't have it on a website.
thanks.
Glen

Board footer