Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-25 13:57:34

**_smooth_waters_**

Presenter and Sumtotal Scoring issues

I'm trying to get Presenter to correctly pass a Complete/incomplete or Pass/Fail when a student takes a quiz.  I've tried mulitple ways and I can get the Percent to go to some total but it is still marking the class as passed or completed when taken even if they fail the quiz.

Captivate works best with Complete/incomplete but its looking like i'm getting close with presenter sending pass fail.  Has anyone found the right combination?

Last edited by **_smooth_waters_** (2010-03-25 13:58:08)

#2 2010-04-02 01:40:57

**_AChemey_**

Re: Presenter and Sumtotal Scoring issues

smooth_waters,

You can try these templates to help you out, too:  http://www.learningconsulting.com/examp … #Presenter

The settings I'd recommend are to send tracking data "to Adobe Connect" and then for status "Send As Defined by Tracking Data".  This should send an "incomplete" status until they either complete a file (with no quiz) or pass the file (with a quiz).  The templates I created store all of the data locally until the browser window is closed.  This should prevent the SumTotal pop-up from appearing even if the pass the quiz but didn't answer all of the questions.

Regards,

Andrew

#3 2010-04-02 16:04:47

**_smooth_waters_**

Just tried that and it didn't work.  I "failed" the test and Sumtotal still sent me a email stating I completed the class.  I want it to be complete incomplete based on whether they pass the test.  If they either don't pass the test OR stop before they take the test then I want an incomplete status.  If they Pass the test then I want a Complete sent. 

I'm in Presenter 7.  I went to the Quiz Manage tab, to the Reporting tab, set my Enable reporting for this presentation, Changed it from SCORM to Adobe Connect Pro.  I'm still getting fail not incomplete.  Is there something I'm missing?

#4 2010-04-02 17:58:02

**_AChemey_**

smooth_waters,

Try this file:  http://www.learningconsulting.com/conte … Custom.zip

It's a TEMPLATE file - so you need to copy and replace file of same name in the SCORM folder where Presenter is installed (I'm assuming you are using Presenter7). 

Feel free to contact me off-list for help/information.

#5 2010-04-08 12:11:11

**_AnnieK_**

Have you tried marking Minimum Percent in the Learning Properties>Grading and Completion within SumTotal for the WBT? It will provide a Pass/Failed on the Transcript.

#6 2010-12-22 15:14:06

**_fmorello_**

Was there a resolution to this issue.  We are having the same issue with a client and not sure if we need to modify any settings.  Client is using SumTotal 8, we're on Presenter 7.

#7 2010-12-22 15:16:08

**_AChemey_**

fmorello,

I'm having problems with my server (I took it off line last week).  Please contact me off-list and I can provide you with the SCORM templates I referred to below.

Andrew AT LearningConsulting DOT com

Regards,

Andrew

#8 2010-12-22 15:18:01

**_fmorello_**

not sure how to get in touch with you.  Can you please email me your contact info to fmorello@hcpro.com

Board footer