Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-01-06 12:47:28

**_liebenese_**

Is there anyway to get rid of the playbar?

We embed swf interactions in out presenter courses. Is there any way to publish a presenter file without the playbar for navigation?

#2 2010-01-06 15:10:28

**_Daniel_**

Re: Is there anyway to get rid of the playbar?

Hi liebenese,

I believe the answer is yes. I have not done this, but Peter Ryce explained how to do this by modifying the vconfig.xml file. You can find his post about it here.

Best, daniel

#3 2010-01-06 19:17:42

**_robva65_**

Not only can you eliminate the playbar for Presenter content by modifying the vconfig.xml file, you can also use a flash animation to effectively do the same thing as well!  The only caveat is that the process I'm about to describe requires that you do some coding in Flash, but nonetheless it works.

Here's how:

In Flash, add a layer in the timeline and rename it "actions".
On frame one of your actions layer add the following:

_root.m_controlBar.m_scrubBar._visible = 0;

Save and publish your Flash file with Actionscript 2.0...then import the swf into PowerPoint using the Presenter menu.  Once you publish your PPT deck, the Presenter playbar will be gone!

What this basically does is remove the scrubbar component and eliminates the "slide x of y" and duration timing, while leaving the Attachments, ViewChange, Audio, Play/Pause, Back & Next buttons intact in the playback area of the Presenter Skin.  You could use some code to eliminate parts, or all, of the elements within the playbar; its really just a matter of how much control you want to configure for your presentation.

For example, if you wanted to kill off the entire playbar, all you'd have to do is code the following:

_root.m_controlBar._visible = 0;

Another example is the stupid Adobe logo that keeps showing up when you publish a presentation.  To kill that little nugget of annoyance:

_root.m_controlBar.m_logo._visible = 0;
_root.m_controlBar.m_logo.enabled = 0; // this ensures that the Adobe logo won't link out

Hope that helps!

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

#4 2010-01-08 14:57:25

**_liebenese_**

Thanks so much for your help!

#5 2010-02-16 22:12:30

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Rob is the man with the plan, FYI!

#6 2010-02-25 22:29:27

**_robva65_**

Trying Sean...trying!!!!

Gotta tell you though; most of this stuff I've learned has been by trial and error.  But for what it's worth, I'm going to be presenting at DevCon this year and I plan on dishing out some techniques and workflow issues w/ Presenter.

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

#7 2010-04-02 01:56:25

**_AChemey_**

It is a nice solution...  However, I wouldn't recommend *any* use of "_root", though.  I would roll-up to find and modify these properties.  Using _root will not work if you launch these files from Connect Meeting or launch from any other Flash-based application.

I have a "component" and articles that allows you to modify a lot of these items, too (available on ConnectUsers.com).  It is definitely an overkill for this request.

-Andrew

Board footer