Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-12-23 14:29:34

**_ellenm1_**

Customer's Presenter crashes on publish

Hi,

I have a client who has been using Presenter 7.0  with Powerpoint 2003 for a while (Windows XP). He recently started having a problem where if he tries to publish anything at all - even a very short powerpoint with NO narration or video, it will start publishing, then the Publish dialog simply disappears, and he's back in Powerpoint.

He has reinstalled presenter, and I also had him update to 7.0.1, but there was no change. I'm going to have him update to 7.0.5 but I was wondering if anyone else has successfully solved this type of issue.

Ellen

#2 2009-12-23 17:13:48

**_Daniel_**

Re: Customer's Presenter crashes on publish

Ellen,
Don't have any specific experience with this strange issue. Agree with updating to 7.0.5, perhaps that will take care of it. Can he publish at all? If he can publish locally to his computer, but cannot publish to the Connect Server, that might tell us something.
Daniel

#3 2009-12-23 17:28:24

**_ellenm1_**

Thanks!
He just wrote and said he updated to 7.0.5 and still no publishing. We don't use Connect server at all - we're just using Presenter. I made very sure he is not publishing to the network or USB drive or something like that. We started over with a brand new Powerpoint with one slide in it - and still no luck. I guess the next step would be uninstalling and re-installing from scratch, but he's done it once already. Ugh!

#4 2010-01-13 13:37:48

**_tmaciag_**

I have had some luck after the 7.0.5 update with opening the existing PowerPoint and the re-saving the file with a new filename in a new location, closing, and then re-opening the file.

#5 2010-01-13 13:40:13

**_ellenm1_**

I will ask him to try that. He says that everyone's computers in the office have the same problem since an update to either windows or office a couple of weeks ago.

#6 2010-01-20 12:00:01

**_Nealf_**

You are not alone. This sounds similar to a problem I am having. I have tried 3 different computers, 3 different virus protection softwares, 2 different operating systems. The common elements are PowerPoint 2007 and Presenter 7.0.5.

#7 2010-01-20 12:31:16

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I have seen Presenter misbehave like this if you are working with PPT(X) files that are on a shared drive. Presenter is far more stable when working with files on your local C drive.

#8 2010-01-20 13:57:20

**_kapil8893_**

Try generating crash dump using Dr. Watson. That shud give us better understanding.

Board footer