Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-13 21:11:47

**_SideBarStar_**

Side Bar Video Problem

Hi, I'm trying to insert a 6 sec talking-head FLV video as a sidebar video, in the size 240 x 180 (as suggested in a tutorial by David Yun), and Adobe Presenter reports an error (may not display properly) when I try to do insert it. I encoded the FLV in Adobe Premiere and I think I chose the FLV encoding setting for Acrobat 9, and I'm thinking that I may have chosen the wrong encoding setting for the FLV. In the PDF I hear the audio of the video but it does not show in the sidebar. To save me some time, can you tell me what is the preferred encoding for FLV video for the Presenter Sidebar video? Or indeed, would you recommend I insert it as a video file and let Presenter convert it to Flash? What is the recommended route for preparing a talking-head video for the sidebar?
Thanks in advance!

#2 2009-07-14 09:47:41

**_Daniel_**

Re: Side Bar Video Problem

Hi SideBarStar,
I have always let Presenter do the conversion for sidebar video, and it works fine. You might see if you like what it does to your video, and if not, keep experimenting. Don't know much about encoding other than Presenter uses the On2 codec, so you might check that your settings are correct. You should be able to go here for info:  file:///C:/Program%20Files/Common%20Files/Adobe/Help/en_US/Presenter/7.0/WSB0BC652B-0FD2-4249-B3E1-E28ABB927058.html

Best, Daniel

#3 2009-07-14 10:01:52

**_roysdenc_**

Make sure you are not using h.264 format, as I don't think that is supported in Connect yet.  Not 100% since I haven't tried, but I think this is what I have heard.

-Chris

#4 2009-07-14 15:13:52

**_SideBarStar_**

Thanks for the replies guys, I know it's easier to just import the video, but I enjoy the exercise of encoding the video to Flash Video rather than make Presenter do it. Encoding the video in Premiere I had selected a F4V preset instead of FLV, so I was trying to insert a F4V into Presenter, and Presenter seems to not like that. Anyway, I tried it again, this time making sure I encoded it in FLV and it works like a charm. The quality of the FLV is absolutely fine. I will post up the finished PDF when it's done.

#5 2011-04-15 11:02:47

**_arnold24_**

SideBarStar wrote:

Thanks for the replies guys, I know it's easier to just import the video, but I enjoy the exercise of encoding the video to Flash Video rather than make Presenter do it. Encoding the video in Premiere I had selected a F4V preset instead of FLV, so I was trying to insert a F4V into Presenter, and Presenter seems to not like that. Anyway, I tried it again, this time making sure I encoded it in FLV and it works like a charm. The quality of the FLV is absolutely fine. I will post up the finished PDF when it's done.

Hi SideBarStar,
I would love to see the PDF as I'm working on something similar at the moment. Have you had a chance to post it somewhere?

buy to let mortgages
Arnold

Last edited by **_arnold24_** (2011-04-15 11:11:13)

Board footer