Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-18 10:21:55

**_gumby_**

AVI video won't play in published presentation

I have a Power Point presentation that has AVI video files on several slides with animation set to start 'With Previous'. Everything works fine in Power Point. I have audio files that I synced to the animations with Adobe Presenter Audio Sync. When I play the files in the sync window it all works perfectly. When I publish the presentation and view it in my browser the AVI files don't play... HELP!
I'm using the latest build of Presenter and have tried publishing from a PPT and PPTX files.

#2 2009-06-19 09:56:45

**_Daniel_**

Re: AVI video won't play in published presentation

Hello Gumby,
Presenter won't be able to understand an AVI file unless you convert it to flash using the "import video" feature in the Presenter tab of PowerPoint. It sounds as though you have done the audio sync correctly, you just need to import your video and let Presenter convert them. Should work fine after that.
Daniel

#3 2009-06-19 11:22:54

**_roysdenc_**

To add onto Daniel, when you have your .avi file on your computer and add it to your presentation with PowePoint, the file remains on your computer.  When you import the video file with Presenter, when you publish, Presenter converts the file to flash and it becomes part of the content rather than a seperate file on your computer.  Make sense?  Let up know if this doesn't work for you.

-Chris

#4 2010-05-31 07:38:32

**_Campbell_**

You can also try to use Presentation to Video Converter and it's nice prog and really simple.

#5 2010-06-09 10:15:15

**_Vikky_**

I tried Presentation to Video Converter and I liked it...
http://www.geovid.com/presentation_to_video_converter/

Board footer