Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-06-24 15:03:05

tester101

Adobe Connect privacy question

I have a few questions about the data being collected in Adobe Connect.  For Adobe Connect events, we can define the questions and what data to be collected during the event registration. 

1.    How long is the data retained?  Is it the whole time as long as the Adobe Connect license is active?
2.    Will Adobe delete all the records (e.g. email addresses of the event registrants) if the license is cancelled / expired?
3.    Is it stored with Adobe server or 3rd party server?
4.    Will Adobe send ads to emails of the events registrants?  If so, any way to opt out? 
5.    I just can find the general privacy policy for Adobe products here (http://www.adobe.com/privacy/policy.html) but I’m not sure if this applies to visitors who register for an Adobe Connect webinar event or not.

#2 2016-06-24 15:58:12

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect privacy question

tester101 wrote:

1.    How long is the data retained?  Is it the whole time as long as the Adobe Connect license is active?

As long as the Adobe Connect license is active. The only way content/data will be removed is if it is deleted by a user.

tester101 wrote:

2.    Will Adobe delete all the records (e.g. email addresses of the event registrants) if the license is cancelled / expired?

The account will remain on Adobe's servers for a period of time after expiration (probably about 6 months). This allows you time to re-activate the account should something change. After that the account and its data are permantely removed.

tester101 wrote:

3.    Is it stored with Adobe server or 3rd party server?

It is stored within Adobe's hosting environment.

tester101 wrote:

4.    Will Adobe send ads to emails of the events registrants?  If so, any way to opt out?

Your data is private, and your own. Adobe doesn't use or look into user accounts within your Adobe Connect account. There is an option for people to opt-out of engagement tracking for your account. This setting can be found at:  Administration > Compliance and Control > Engagement Tracking

Adobe%20Connect%20-%20Events%20-%20Opt%20Out.JPG

tester101 wrote:

5.    I just can find the general privacy policy for Adobe products here (http://www.adobe.com/privacy/policy.html) but I’m not sure if this applies to visitors who register for an Adobe Connect webinar event or not.

I don't think that applies to Connect. There are two documents that denfine the licensing terms of Adobe Connect. It is considered and Enterprise solution, so that is where you will find the terms. There are two documents in the link below that you'll want to reference. The General Terms document and the Adobe Connect On-Demand Product Specific Licensing Terms. These also address your email question.

Adobe Enterprise Licensing Terms 2016

Board footer