Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-06-21 16:29:45

alord

Audio Issues

I have had the same issue twice now and little help from the support phone number or chat. When trying to start audio conferencing through the Adobe Connect platform, the audio would not start. Instead I get an error message that states "Unable to start audio conference for this meeting. Please retry. If this problem persists, please contact Adobe support for assistance."

I work for an organizations that hosts 20+ webinars a month and Friday was the first time anyone in the office had the issue. The error only comes up in the seminar room that currently has a scheduled event (meaning I tried opening up a separate room and did not have the problem) The first time this happened I called the support number, where the person who helped me spent 30 minutes clicking around the audio profile looking for an error when I had already told her that we had used the same room at least once a month for the last year and nothing in the audio profile had changed.

Today when I had the issue, I opened the conferencing line in a separate seminar room and was able to get around the glitch - but not really, because I was unable to record since the phone line was not connected to the correct room. I then chatted in to Adobe support hoping for some help since my phone line was tied up, but they were unable to help since I had found a work around and could not 'replicate the problem' in front of their eyes (even though I had made a screenshot of the error and explained in detail what had happened). They ended the conversation because since I could not replicate the problem on demand, they would not give any solutions. They told me to call back if it happens again and I was brushed off when I told them that I didn't want to wait until 100 people were trying to join a conference and it stopped working, to call again.

#2 2016-06-21 16:48:11

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Audio Issues

The two things I would try are:

1. Create a new audio profile using the same phone bridge information. Just name it something new. Associate the new phone bridge with the room and see if it works. If it doesn't work move to the next step.

2. Create a new Seminar/Webinar/Meeting room and associate it with the upcoming event. While this may be a pain for content migration, you have proven that the phone integration is working in other rooms. If you need to keep the same URL for the webinar room, you will have to delete the old room. If you are using the Events module, then you can change the room the event is associated with and this will be transparent to the attendees of the event as their link to attend will not change.

Board footer