In reading through this thread, I am confused as to exactly what the desired ability is.
It seems like people are looking a bizarre and somewhat contradictory set of abilities:
1) To have the Meeting to stay open, even with no one present, indefinitely.
2) To conduct the Meeting without a Host involved in any way.
3) Not be required to allow pre-approved registered users to enter the Meeting
4) Not have to deal with any kind of Meeting passcode
1) Wouldn't that be a (potentially massive) waste of resources? One could end up with thousands of Meetings, running 24/7, with no one in them. Not to mention possible security issues if someone were to accidentally leave remote screen control on (among other things)l
2) Isn't this by design? If not, what's the point of having a Host? Or for that matter, what's the point of having more that one licensed user? A single Host could set up several Meetings at once, set them to auto-promote everyone to Presenters, and then just open the Meeting to anyone who knows the URL.
3) & 4) Wouldn't these two be universally exclusive?
I don't know of any remote meeting solution that would allow anyone to stroll into any meeting at any time without someone being there to conduct/host. Is there such a thing? If so, it could save my organization thousands of dollars a year in licensing fees ;)
It's entirely possible (i.e. likely) that I am missing the point here.