Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-11 14:21:42

**_fu_paladins_**

Problem Publishing PPT File Locally on My Computer with PowerPoint 07

I have Office 2007 on my computer.  Most of my colleagues are still on 2003 so we use that as a common file format to exchange files.  When I try to publish locally to my computer using the PPT format, the publishing does not complete.  It creates the appropriate local folders (data, etc.) but does not finish and create the other files (such as the index file).  If I save the file into the PPTX format, the local publishing works.  This is added work when editing because I have to have a PPT version and a PPTX version.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is there some magic to getting a PPT file to publish locally when using 2007?

Thanks

#2 2009-04-23 15:37:30

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Problem Publishing PPT File Locally on My Computer with PowerPoint 07

So, for various reasons, we have recently made our standard practice to save a .pptx file back as a .ppt, and publish locally as a zip file.  We then load that content into a meeting room and find it often looks better than publishing straight to the Connect Server. 

That being said, I saw an instance this morning when someone else published files locally (don't know the specifics), but there were missing files such as the index file (as you have indicated).  I will see if I can find out more, but at this point, seems like it might be a glitch.  Does it do this every time?  Also, what version of Presenter are you using?  If you aren't at 7.0.2, I would reccomend updating via the about option under the Presenter tab in PowerPoint 07.

-Chris

#3 2009-04-23 16:01:14

**_fu_paladins_**

Re: Problem Publishing PPT File Locally on My Computer with PowerPoint 07

Thanks for the input.

I think the culprit turns out to be some hidden double-byte fonts in the ppt.

Guess that will happen when you re-use content originally developed long ago.

I got it to finally work but it was a pain. Many lost hours.

Board footer