Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-03 17:01:59

**_dwatkins_**

How to embed a streaming FLV within Presenster slide?

I'm trying to use a video stream from FMIS within Presenter but am having trouble figuring out what the requirements are for the SWF. Can anyone help me with this or point me in the right direction?

Additionally, I'm trying to stream an FLV from the Connect server but am not having luck with this either.

Thank you for assistance,
David

#2 2009-03-03 18:04:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: How to embed a streaming FLV within Presenster slide?

Why not just drop the FLV into the slide in Presenter? Connect is built on an FMS so it should stream the video just fine.

#3 2009-03-03 18:20:18

**_dwatkins_**

That's a good point. I actually did try that first. The results were really good with talking head video inserted into the slide. But, unfortunately, when I dropped FLV's of screen caps in, the results were just not acceptable. I tried importing FLV, H.264 and even Animation files. I tried a whole variety of settings and image sizes. But every time, the images looked not just compressed, but pixelated and degraded.

So, if there is a work-around for getting higher quality video, that would be fine, too. But, I can think of some situations in which it might be practical to stream from our FMIS if possible.

Thanks,
David

#4 2009-03-03 19:14:35

**_dwatkins_**

It's strange. The FLV will stream from FMIS in SlideShow mode from within PPT. But it will not work once I create a Presenter file. Within Presenter, the image is just white.

#5 2009-03-04 08:59:29

**_bklaas_**

The way that we've done this is as follows: we built a custom, simple FLV player that takes a configuration .xml file that uploaded and placed in the same location as the Adobe Presenter presentation. The Adobe Presenter presentation treats all file paths as relative paths to the root of the presentation, so the configuration.xml file has to be in the same folder.

The FLV player then takes the appropriate file path from the config.xml file and points to that file on our FMIS server.

Note that because Adobe Presenter currently generates Flash 8 compatible content, you can't use AS3 or any components that rely on the AS3/Flash 9 runtime. This is a bit limiting, but not impossible to work around.

#6 2009-03-05 12:56:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

That's a good work around for now. It's also worth stating that Presenter doesn't support H.264 video at this time. You may try sizing your FLVs to the appropriate resolution before importing them into Presenter (to avoid the image compression issue). This thread gives that information: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1739

Board footer