Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-09 06:00:32

**_cahillj_**

Best way to play background music over several slides??

I get often confused where to add music...in the PowerPoint audio options or in the Plug In Presenter...

I want to add a 2 minute audio file and have it play over 3 or 4 slides...automatically..

I presume I need the custom animation in Power Point...or can I do this in the Adope Presenter..options??

thanks..

I love the Presenter..but have problems with the timing ..of audio and video..

joe

#2 2009-02-09 08:31:16

**_Daniel_**

Re: Best way to play background music over several slides??

Hi Joe,
If I understand correctly, you cannot insert an audio file into a PowerPoint slide unless you use the Audio Presenter tab and insert an MP3 or .wav file. You can then use the edit audio feature and drag the slide marks where you want them to have the audio play over several slides.
However, the way Presenter works there will be a slight "glitch" or pause in the audio each time your slide changes which can be distracting for a music file. I don't know of a fix for this. Other users have recommended using Captivate to do this. Apparently Captivate has the ability to overlay audio without any pauses when slides change.
Are you planning to use this for a ConnectPro Meeting since you posted the question in this forum? If you are going to use this inside a Connect Pro meeting, you might consider playing your audio in it's own pod and start it whenever you start your slideshow.
Daniel

#3 2009-02-18 05:37:45

**_cahillj_**

Re: Best way to play background music over several slides??

Thank you for the post....I will have to find Captivate....second time I have had a response re: captivate...

have a nice day

joe

Board footer