Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-09-04 16:33:48

Heartwood

HD video into Adobe Connect

A client of ours has requested that we provide video for an upcoming webinar. They would also like a recording of the video feed.

We will be using our Sony EX-1 which provides an SDI out. I'm looking for a way to get this video signal into Adobe Connect.

I have had some success going firewire out into a macbook, but a firewire connection isn't the best. I'd prefer an SDI connection as I can lock that in place.

I've tried a Blackmagic Design H.264 Pro recorder, but I can't get adobe connect to recognize it. I am able to set the SDI out on the camera to standard def (in the event the HD signal is too much for Connect), but I am still unable to get a video signal in.

Has anyone had success with the Blackmagic product or is there another inter ace that I can try?

Thanks,
Chris

#2 2014-09-04 17:13:55

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: HD video into Adobe Connect

For what it's worth, Connect's Video pod only supports up to 420P video. So HD is out of the equation for it.

You can use one of the external video pods (Podium HD, Talking Stick, tecRacer VideoPlayer), which do have the ability to bring in HD video to Connect. However it is from an external source, and won't be part of the recording.

So, you are likely left with deciding what is more important: HD video or recording.

I know there are people who have had success with Blackmagic, I'd reccomend doing a search on this forum as well as the form at http://forums.adobe.com/community/adobeconnect to see if you can find some answers there.

#3 2014-09-08 12:25:21

Terry at Refined Data

The Black Magic Intensity card or their Shuttle device only allows you to connect a video input to your computer but does not get you a live input in Connect. Typically, the input from your camcorder will be a 720p/i or 1080p/i feed, often at 60fps.

Since this is not something that Connect can handle, the result is a black screen in Connect. The only solution is to downgrade the input feed to 640x480 at 30fps or less or to use a custom pod like Talking Stick to bypass Adobe's limitations.

As Jorma correctly notes, the Connect recording facility won't capture your video in this case but you can use a wide variety of screen capture solutions to solve this problem and they will give you the ability to do a much more professional editing job on the output in any case.

#4 2014-09-16 13:59:58

jfriedlander

I have set up a similar configuration: Black Magic Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0 with my Canon Vixia HF200. I am using the Component cable from the camcorder to RCA inputs in the shuttle. Outputting to a USB 3.0 on the computer. Settings are as low as they can be on this camcorder, 480i output and frame rate at PF24. Adobe Connect seems to see the camcorder signal via the Shuttle, called "decklink video capture."

I've adjusted my Adobe video preferences to 4:3 and set the video quality on high (recommended by Adobe Connect tech).

So, it seems that I'm doing everything I can with the equipment, but still no success getting the video feed into Adobe Connect. Any thoughts on this configuration?

The reason we're trying to do this: we'd like to stream in the video and audio quality associated with camcorder and our external Rode mic, transmit cleanly into the classroom, make a quality recording of our classes in Adobe AND simultaneously record video in the camcorder at the same time.

Too much being asked?!

#5 2014-09-16 14:20:17

Jorma_at_CoSo

Have you tried using a Windows PC (or a Widows VM on your MacBook)? Maybe the different OS will help. You can also try DVdriver, if you are on a Windows OS, and see if that helps. It's free to try and cheap ($20) to buy.

http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/dvdriver.htm

(I'm grasping at straws now, incase that wasn't obvious)

#6 2014-09-17 11:39:52

jfriedlander

Jorma, thanks. I am working on a workhorse of a Windows PC...and unfortunately my camcorder doesn't have Firewire out, although the PC has firewire in.

I have a mini HDMI out too. Tried that when we started this whole thing, only to discover that I could only transmit out at 1080, a camcorder limitation.

#7 2014-09-17 11:44:30

Jorma_at_CoSo

Well, I'd throw the DVdriver application in the mix. I believe you can change the resolution of the video with that application too, though I haven't done that myself. If you do run across a combination of items that seems to have the magic touch, let us know.

#8 2015-01-05 12:33:48

Jorma_at_CoSo

The OS needs to recognize the input from the camera, whatever you may choose, as a WebCam. If you are using a Windows PC, then you can use the DVdriver application to fool Windows into seeing any input as a webcam and you can use the hardware of your choice. On Mac it's a bit more tricky.

#9 2015-01-15 11:41:37

tibbsj

I use this add in to get HD and it works with the recordings:  http://www.adobe.com/products/adobeconn … eopod.html

I also use this which converts any HDMI camera to usb so the Connect sees it as a webcam:
http://www.amazon.com/DVI2USB-External- … ds=epiphan

Board footer