Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-08-12 12:15:57

jgt1942

Saving Preferences

Is it possible to save the preferences for the tools I use and automatically have them available when I open a new share where I'd use these tools? Example, when I'm either using the WB or presenting I what to use the highlighting tool, red in color, somewhat transparent, 5 points. As it is now every time I open a new share or reconnect to the session I must go through the setup for the tools.

#2 2014-08-12 12:55:19

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Saving Preferences

As of Connect 9.2, no. There is not any ability to save the preferences or setup of your white board tools.

Maybe in Connect 9.3, but that is something that Alistair would be best to answer.

New whiteboarding functionality is shown here: http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

#3 2014-08-14 12:53:49

Jorma_at_CoSo

jgt1942,

I was just reading through the release documentation and saw this statement, so I believe  you will be able to set up what you want for whiteboarding tools and they'll stay that way.

Adobe wrote:

New Defaults and Stickiness

Each of you use these tools differently - some to quickly highlight things on a slide
or an  image, some to markup documents, some to write complex equations, and
others to freeform sketch and write. To make it easier to get started we’ve done
our best to find the right combination of color, stroke weight, and fill for each tool.
However, our defaults won’t be right for everyone. So if you change these, we’ll
remember your last setting and let you use your new choices on other whiteboards
and documents within your meeting room. Whenever you come back we’ll remember
your last settings for you.

#4 2014-11-06 16:20:16

Joe C.

I am not seeing the stickiness.  I set my pen to Highlighter, I set the rectangle to be arrows and then I finish an annotation and resume my lesson ad then go to annotate another screen and I am back to the pen and rectangle.  So right now, as of November 6, 2014 ... not sticky

#5 2014-11-06 16:30:15

Jorma_at_CoSo

The settings for each tool is sticky, which is what the statement from the release of 9.3 is saying. So, you may have to go and select your desired tool, but the color, size, opacity, etc. will remain constant. So it is sticky in the way it was advertised.

Board footer