Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-06-25 13:30:16

e-slinger

Meeting 'Timeout' Error message thrown on Guest Login

Hello All,

So a strange thing has popped up for me over the last week. It has happened into separate meeting rooms, on two separate days, for two different meeting hosts.

The host opens the room (no issue) the users log into the room and on load (add-in) the user is greeted with a dialog box saying 'timed out' - they click OK and the window closes.

If they reload, same behavior...if they DO NOT click OK, but simply move the box...then they are able to interact with the room and the content.

Thoughts?

ACP Hosted/Windows Platform
Meeting URLs are appended with '/?lightning=true' to auto install the add-in upon login.

#2 2014-06-26 08:27:14

e-slinger

Re: Meeting 'Timeout' Error message thrown on Guest Login

Hello All,

Update on this issue. I have been digging around but still need your help!

This popped up again this am, but I was able to jump into the class when it did...after asking one of the participants (who are logged in as guests) to take me a screen shot. The box (Title: Session Timeout / Box Content: Connect Session has timed out / Button label: Login)

After seeing where the box was in the screen shot (the dialog box was limited to a specific pod...a rotating lobby slide deck added to the content library) - I removed the pod and the error went with it.

I checked the other rooms that were reporting issue, and all share this one piece of content (I added it to the template that I used to create the rooms). I changed layouts in the impacted rooms, and the error went with it as well. So I know it is that content that is throwing the error.

The question now becomes Why? and how do I fix it. - I changed the permissions in the content library from 'parent' to 'public' for this piece of content and that has not resolved it.

Thoughts??

Thank you!

#3 2014-06-26 10:01:42

Jorma_at_CoSo

I believe that this is related to the timeout error that was displayed for PPT (Presenter) content with earlier versions of Connect 9. It was supposed to be resolved with 9.1  (I think) but seems to keep creeping up occasionally.

Try re-uploading or re-publishing the content and see if that resolves it. You may be looking at a call with Platinum Support though.

#4 2014-07-03 12:12:40

Tabasco

This is now a know issue with Adobe Connect.  Hopefully it will be fixed with the next update in late fall.

Do you create your meetings from a template?  The workaround is to make your template public.  When you create new meetings from this template that is not public you shouldn't have this error message "session timed-out".

#5 2014-07-07 07:12:58

e-slinger

Thanks,

I have been using the template for these meetings (we recently switched server accounts and I had to rebuild 50+ meetings, so the template seemed to make sense.)

I had gone back and set the content itself (that I put into the template) as public, but not the template. I will try that...anything with that option I should be aware of?

How would you recommend that I do that? I don't see an option anywhere in the 'Edit Participants' menu to allow for it. I do see of course the 'allow anyone with url...' option...

Thanks!

#6 2014-07-07 09:45:03

Jorma_at_CoSo

Tabasco wrote:

This is now a known problem and will not be fixed until the next update (which may be in Sept.)   

Are you creating your meetings from a template? The workaround is to make your template public.

#7 2014-07-07 13:53:51

Tabasco

e-slinger if you  send me your email I will send you the response from Adobe Connet.

Catherine-wissing@uiowa.edu

Last edited by Tabasco (2014-07-30 16:31:34)

#8 2014-07-21 12:18:48

e-slinger

Hello,

Tried to send you a message to the email provided, got a failure bounce back?

Would love to read the answer though...can you confirm contact info?

#9 2014-07-22 11:45:50

Jorma_at_CoSo

I believe the email should end in EDU instead of EUD.

#10 2014-07-30 08:32:38

e-slinger

Thanks Jorma,

That seems to have worked.

Tabasco, email is on it's way

Board footer