Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-06-17 11:39:51

drleighajo

PowerPoint does not display - gray pod

We are testing the Connect Mobile app with Connect 9.1 (on premise) and many users are reporting a gray share pod with no PPT slides. We see the title of the content, but the pod remains gray. We are seeing this on both Android and Apple devices. Audio is great, as well as sharing video files. 

Any advice?

Thanks,
Leigha

#2 2014-06-17 12:39:56

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: PowerPoint does not display - gray pod

Is this issue only on mobile devices? Does the pod say 'Unsupported Content'?

FLV video should work in the mobile app, while MP4 video will show as unsupported. The PPT slides should show, so it may be another issue there.

It doesn't hurt to reach out to platinum support to see if it is a known issue or if there is some known conditions can can cause this problem.

#3 2014-06-17 13:54:49

drleighajo

Thanks, Jorma.

Yes, the issue is only on mobile. No, the pod does not say unsupported content in the pod with the PPT.

We'll reach out to support.

Thanks for your response!

Leigha

#4 2014-07-22 17:41:44

KellyMuir

We are experiencing the same issue with mobile users.  I did a program last night with multiple mobile users and had not a single issue, but tonight, I have several mobile issues that have a grey screen where the PPT should be.  Logging out and back in, or re-booting does not seem to resolve this.  Do you suggest I open a ticket with Adobe support?

#5 2014-10-07 12:15:08

LoveToTravel

Hi,

While I don't know what the root cause is for the share pod to display a gray pod for the PowerPoint slides, there are 2 options you may want to try:

1) Connect Mobile 2.3 has been released for both iOS and Android. The app is now available for download from the app stores.

2) Try to share a .PPTX file instead of .PPT - in PowerPoint, re-save it as PPTX file extension and then upload it to the Share pod and try and view it on the Connect Mobile app using version 2.3.

Board footer