Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-06-03 03:50:11

connect-user

Audio of the video pod will not be shared in a telephone conference

Hello Connect-Users,

we use Adobe Connect to connect to a conference call.
The speaker's voice is transmitted via VoIP (headset) and the participants are in the conference call. The audio of this conference can also be heard in Adobe Connect.

Now, if a video played within the video pod this audio can be heard only in the Adobe Connect, but not in the telephone conference - how can we fix this problem ?

Thank you for reply in advance.

#2 2014-06-03 13:01:51

alistairlee

Re: Audio of the video pod will not be shared in a telephone conference

If I understand the issue, I don't believe there's anything you can do. Video (i.e. an MP4 or FLV file uploaded to a share pod) always plays via the computer speakers regardless of how the audio conference has been configured. There's no way that I'm aware of to stream audio from a video file through the telephone lines.

Sorry.

#3 2014-06-04 08:46:19

e-slinger

Hello,

I believe Alistair is correct, at least in my experience.

I do this frequently.

The way I typically handle this one is to tell the users up front that they will need an audio head-set for use in the meeting (pre-meeting notification).

I build the video portion in it's own layout which includes the attendee pod, the share pod for the video, a chat pod and a second share pod with a slide that tells them:

- They will watch a video (approx duration)
- The phone line will be muted
- They should adjust their PC volume and confirm not muted
- They should take off their phone headsets and put on their audio headset
- They should change their status to 'Agree' when done watching the video
- They should take off their audio headset and put on their telephone headset

Usually the first time is a little rocky, but then after that they work fine...just make sure you support it with good verbal instructions.

That works well for me, I hope it helps.

Keep us posted!

e-slinger

#4 2014-06-04 09:56:09

alistairlee

There is one option that will work - but it would require a hardware device to take the sound from your computer and pipe it into the phone line:
http://www.dynametric.com/webinar_recorders.aspx

There may also be software options. Apps like Audio Hijack Pro MIGHT be able to do the same thing - but I've not tested this.

#5 2014-06-04 10:08:36

Jorma_at_CoSo

Alistair,

Thanks for sharing that! I've not seen a viable option other than a THAT-2, http://amzn.com/B003D82WKC. However the $200+ price tag of the THAT-2 was usually a deal breaker, but at 25% the cost, the Dynametric tool seems like a good option.

#6 2014-06-05 01:19:01

connect-user

Hello Connect-Users,

many thanks for the reply.
we will test other possibilities ...

#7 2015-03-06 21:36:23

connecshun

Just before playing video, host could call in via Skype. Then switch computer audio input and output to Soundflower (free app). Play video, and sound will go through skype to the conf line. Only thing is, participants have to mute their computer speakers to avoid echo. Or, play the video on your local computer via screen share (and Skype/Soundflower).

#8 2015-03-16 10:17:01

Zaniaisl

thanks for help
---------------
Do you want to win every game for Words with Friends? Check out our #a#WordsWithYou#/a# site that helps players for Word Games.

Board footer