Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-05-27 18:24:52

brgnewman

Screen Share Goes Black/Blank

We utilize Adobe Connect Hosted and are on its 9.2.2 release. One of our meeting hosts is reporting that when he is performing screen shares in meetings, part way through the meeting the screen share suddenly goes black/blank. Closing and relaunching Adobe Connect on his end AND the attendees side does not resolve the issue.

The meeting host is using Windows 8.1 and has the latest Adobe Connect plugin installed (11.9.966.0).

Help?

#2 2014-05-28 08:58:14

Pariah Burke

Re: Screen Share Goes Black/Blank

If that's people seeing a black screen with a loading icon, that's the same problem I've been seeing over the last week or two with 9.2.2.

#3 2014-05-28 17:10:33

brgnewman

Pariah Burke wrote:

If that's people seeing a black screen with a loading icon, that's the same problem I've been seeing over the last week or two with 9.2.2.

I've just confirmed with the user who was experiencing this issue and he can confirm that the participants receive a black screen with a loading icon abruptly in the middle of his screen share.

#4 2014-05-30 11:54:27

e-slinger

Hello,

I have heard that removing (fully) and re-installing the flash player may resolve this. I say 'have heard' only because I have not fully tested this method yet.

I have been able to get by with the following:

- Log out (attendee)
- Change Layout (Host)
- Stop & Re-share (Host)

I would be curious to see if you have luck with a full un-install and fresh clean install.

Try that and keep us posted!

#5 2014-06-25 11:12:19

Janet Beatty

I have had this exact issue, using the same software, so I jumped to try your suggestions.

I uninstalled Adobe Flash Player (v 13), from the Control Panel. When I went to reinstall I was most surprised to discover that Flash Player is already installed with Internet Explorer, and the version there is 14.

I would love a way to test that this worked. I have managed to get through a 1 hour webinar without incident, but most of the time I see the failure within 20 minutes.

I wonder if the issue is simply the conflict between the integrated version and an installed version?

Thoughts on testing?

#6 2014-09-18 16:53:23

Krasus3

I am also running into this on occasion. I find that if I switch layouts often enough, the issue doesn't occur, but if we sit in Screen Share for a long time, it will eventually freeze. Our work around has been to have the Host leave the meeting and come back in. 

It looks as if this may be resolved in the new release (9.3):

3761651-
Fixed issue where in on rare occasions screen sharing was not broadcasting after 20 minutes or so

Board footer