Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-04-23 18:11:15

jb1128

Audio

I have one user that half the meeting can hear him and half cannot. He has done the audio wizard and sounds fine on the recordings. I am not sure what would cause this. Any ideas?

#2 2014-04-29 07:25:06

e-slinger

Re: Audio

Hello,

Some questions:

Have you had one of the people who cannot hear him run the audio wizard?
Is it always the same people who cannot hear him?
Are you running full VoIP or Universal Voice mix (phones & VoIp)?

Thanks!

#3 2014-04-29 21:00:01

jb1128

Hi,

The user has done the audio setup. It is different users and we are using VOIP only.

#4 2014-04-30 07:46:47

e-slinger

Hmmm...ok so it is always the same user who cannot be heard, but different people who cannot hear him - do i have that correct?

Have you checked the bandwidth setting of the room perhaps it is set higher than his system can handle.

You can have him check and confirm the connection speed he is showing in step 3.

Perhaps that will shed some light. Here is the link to the troubleshooter: http://pcconnection.adobeconnect.com/co … g_test.htm

Keep us posted! Good Luck!!

#5 2014-05-06 20:21:30

jb1128

Changing the bandwidth has worked so far. Thank you!

#6 2014-07-07 18:34:52

jb1128

I am again having problems with Audio. I have changed the bandwidth. Any other ideas?

#7 2014-07-15 21:57:16

DavidO

Hi folks.

This problem continues to plague a Law School that I am attending and it is the same 2 users that four or five of us cannot hear at times.  It is consistent but when they modified the bandwidth settings one time it did fix it for a session but it came back.

Both of the users in question have done the test that is linked in this thread and it comes back all green for them.  The users affected have done it and it comes back clean for them.  This also plagues both Windows and the Mobile Connect as well with the same users.

I happen to be one of the users that cannot hear these two on a regular basis.  I can hear all other 9 participants plus the professor.  I can see their mics fire when they speak.  I believe there are currently 4 or 5 of the 12 participants that cannot hear the two individuals but we can all hear each other. 

Is there some rights issue on the admin side?  Connectivity is varied but even when I was in Silicon Valley at like a 50Mb connection it did not change hearing them.

This is annoying to say the least and support has tried every which way to fix this to no avail.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

David

#8 2014-08-09 20:51:13

gregrow96

I'd place a bet that these users are on a network connection that is getting saturated, are on wifi, or their computers are running other things in the background. They also should be clearing the cache on the browsers and in the flash control panel, and check the bandwidth setting every time the room is used. It's probably not a server issue, since others have issues hearing these also. It's between these users and the server.

If it's the network connection, in my experience, once you get a sketchy network connection, various elements start acting up, and logic is not your trouble shooting friend. It's really best for these users to refresh/reload the meeting room. I find the troubleshooting test and the bandwidth test found in a meeting room, for this sort of issue, are only going to useful if done either during a meeting, or in a test situation that is done at the same day and time and using the network connection. It's also important to test with similar or the same meeting room setup running, and not some random room. Screen sharing and camera pod use can be big users of both bandwidth and processor capacity. All this may be too much for these users, so it might be wise to look into having the room setup with one of the options that allows them to dial into the meeting room by phone.

Board footer