Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-03-26 09:30:27

wadek

Powerpoint Presentation Continuously Cycle

I attended the Getting Started with Adobe Connect webinars recently and at the start and end a powerpoint presentation was playing and would automatically begin playing from the beginning once it had reached the end.

I can't seem to find how to do this.  I open up the side bar and play the presentation through with 5 seconds for each slide, but once it reaches the end it stops.  How can I get it to loop?

#2 2014-03-26 10:24:29

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Powerpoint Presentation Continuously Cycle

Here's how you can have it loop if you don't have Presenter: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/view … 865#p19865

Presenter%20loop.JPG

Here's how you can have it loop if you do have Presenter:
Presenter%20-%20Loop.jpg

#3 2014-03-26 11:29:21

wadek

Thanks!  Something seems to be wrong though with the newly zipped file.  When I try to add it as new content to the library I'm given the error that an "Invalid format is selected"

Similarly if I try to add it directly to a meeting room I receive an error.

As I have it, the second line of the viewer.xml file is DreamWeaver is:

<presentation width="833" height="468" start="play" loop="true" buildNum="9.0.0.130">

As per the instructions I only added the loop="true"

Any ideas as to why this isn't working?

#4 2014-03-26 11:53:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

When you look in your new zip file is it a zipped folder or the presenter contents. If the presentation is within a folder when you zip it, it will not work.

#5 2014-03-26 12:19:26

wadek

Not sure if I understand what you're asking.  When I look in the new zip file it is a folder.  Not sure what 'presenter contents' would entail.

I basically edit the code in the viewer.xml file and then save it.  I then go to the original folder that opened from the zip file and re-zip it.

There are 30+ files in the folder, but none of them are the Powerpoint and I don't add anything else to the folder.

I reopened the zip file that I created and the contents look exactly the same as the original folder.

#6 2014-03-26 12:49:09

Jorma_at_CoSo

When you upload a PPT(X) file to the Connect server it uses the Presenter tool to convert it to the Flash based presentation. So, that is what I mean by 'presenter contents'.

When you look at the contents of the zip folder it should look similar to the zip on the left:
Presenter%20zip%20contents.JPG

Quite often, when the Presenter contents get re-zipped, the folder containing them gets zipped.

#7 2014-03-26 13:49:49

wadek

When I open the zip file it has the long list of contents as your image shows on the left.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by wadek (2014-03-26 13:50:06)

#8 2014-03-26 15:05:31

Jorma_at_CoSo

Any chance the updated file got saved as something other than an xml file?

#9 2014-03-27 10:09:53

wadek

It's still an xml file.  I tried editing it with Notepad instead of DreamWeaver, but same results  Trying any options really as I can't see any reason for it not to accept the updated zip.  I've even tried the original zip and it accepts it without the change so really not sure where the issue is.

Thanks again.

#10 2014-07-25 09:21:25

Teacher Jill

I don't have a problem all the way through editing the xml file.  But I need clearer steps on zipping it back up and getting it back to Adobe Connect.

#11 2014-07-25 09:40:03

Jorma_at_CoSo

Jill,

If you unzipped everything, then you will need to select all the files and then right click and choose send to Zip file.

You may also be able to just place the updated viewer.xml in the original zip file, depending on the application you are using to work with compressed files.

Board footer