Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-02-05 15:28:04

Tabasco

How to change guest message

When a guest logs in and is waiting for the host to let them enter the room their is a message that says.."The meeting has not yet started. You will be able to access the meeting once the host arrives. Please wait.".  How can I edit or change this message?

#2 2014-02-24 05:57:31

Abhinav Arora

Re: How to change guest message

Hi Tabasco

Are you a hosted customer or an on-premise? There is no way to change this message on Hosted.

Thank you
Abhinav

#3 2014-02-25 12:42:09

Tabasco

I am on-premise.

#4 2014-02-28 02:46:23

Abhinav Arora

For on Premise you can edit the breezelivestrings-en.xml file. This file is an xml file which holds the language strings for English language. The file is located at the following location :

<Your Connect Installation Directory>\appserv\common\meetingAS3\lang\breezelivestrings-en.xml.

Once you open this file , find an XML Tag called '<m id="NamedOrganizerViewerMsg">' . Here you can see the corresponding message and you can change the message to whatever you want. Save the file and then your changes will be reflecred in Connect Meetings.

Important Points to Note :
-> Please do not tamper the structure of the file as doing so may not allow your meeting to load.
-> Ensure that you backup the file before making any changes, so that you can copy the backup file again in case something goes wrong.

Thank you
Abhinav

#5 2014-03-03 12:34:51

Jorma_at_CoSo

It's also worth noting that when you update your Connect server with a newer version of Connect, it will likely reset that file to the default text, so save a back up of the original and your edited versions.

Abhinav,

Thanks for pointing out that file!

#6 2014-03-13 15:36:09

Tabasco

I don't wish to change the message for all meetings.  In versions 7.5 and 8 I use to be able to go
to meeting> End Meeting and it gives you an option to change the message.

This doesn't work now in 9.  It would be great if they would add it back.

#7 2014-03-13 16:24:34

Jorma_at_CoSo

I still see that option for setting a message when you End Meeting. Can you screen shot what you are seeing?

#8 2014-03-17 14:51:06

Tabasco

This is what I typed in as host and ended the meeting..
"Thank you. THis meeting will start on Feburary 12 at noon (CST)"

When I login to the same meeting as a participant, it says...
"This is a private meeting.  Your request to enter has been sent to the host.  Please wait for a response."

#9 2014-03-17 17:17:53

Jorma_at_CoSo

Ah, that makes more sense. With Connect 9, the End Meeting function doesn't hold the room in a locked configuration any more. It removes all participants from the room, and displays the desired message to those individuals. The next person to join the room will enter the room as expected.

The best workflow would be to end your meeting, then go back into the room and turn on the Block Incoming Attendees function where you can specify the desired message to be displayed to individuals attempting to join the room.

#10 2014-03-18 07:41:19

e-slinger

Good Call Jorma,

I agree.

That was the workflow I was thinking of as I read through the thread.

That works well, just remember to turn of the blocking when you are ready to start the meeting!

#11 2014-03-20 11:31:00

Tabasco

Thanks, your right it works.  But, it is a bit odd.  If you change the message and hit "save message" the window goes away.  Then you have to go back in and check block.

#12 2014-03-20 12:55:52

Jorma_at_CoSo

Selecting 'Save Message' will update the message without activating the Block Incoming Attendees feature, essentially it's saying you want to update the message that will display the next time you use the Block function.

Clicking 'OK' saves the message and enables the Block function.

#13 2014-07-15 22:20:47

nealtronics

I've studied this problem extensively and it seems like the "Block Incoming Attendees" custom message only lasts approx 30 minutes (on hosted) servers. 

Once the meeting host of a connect room or seminar  leaves ~30minutes later the message defaults back to

"The meeting has not yet started. You will be able to access the meeting once the host arrives. Please wait."

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Seeking some clarification on this.

https://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/ … /index.php

Last edited by nealtronics (2014-07-15 22:49:49)

#14 2014-07-16 09:41:14

Jorma_at_CoSo

This is probably only related to the Named Host licensing model where a member of the Meeting Host group must be present to 'activate' a meeting. Since the room has gone dormant, for lack of a better word, it uses it's default message that the licensing requirement hasn't been met to use this room and to please wait for the individual with the rights to unlock the room.

Once a member of the Meeting Host group joins the room, it should go back to the Block Incoming Attendees message.

Board footer