Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-12-19 07:26:36

PeterNorberg

unable to connect since 2.2.2 (android)

On the 15th of November, the Adobe Connect Mobile app for Android was updated to 2.2.2 and since then we are not able to connect to our rooms at our university (on premise installation). When trying to connect within the app, the following message appears:

"Cannot establish secure connection to server"

Some background:

We use load balancing on our server. We also have a test server which doesn't have load balancing - no problem connecting to this server.

No problem connecting to all our rooms using the IOS app.

No problem using an older version (2.1.2) of the android app.

My question is, what changes have been made regarding security issues on the new app version (2.2.2)? Any possible solutions?

#2 2014-02-18 14:41:37

Praha

Re: unable to connect since 2.2.2 (android)

I just saw this post.
Are you still having issue connecting to your meeting with the Connect Mobile app for Android? What version of Connect server are you running on production? Did the app try to connect to one server and then redirect to another server? Did you try to connect via a browser on the mobile device instead of using the Connect Mobile app?

#3 2014-05-20 01:22:29

PeterNorberg

Re: unable to connect since 2.2.2 (android)

Yes, we still have problems. The version of the connect server is 9.1.1. We are currently evaluating 9.2. The app only tries to connect to one server and it is the app that is reporting the "secure connection problem", not the browser. We have a meeting portal on the web that lists all the meeting rooms, so when I browse the meeting portal on the phone using the browser, the app is automatically opened when I click a particular meeting room. It doesn't matter If I start the app and type in the meeting room adress manually, it won't connect.

Still, version 2.1.2 works so there must be something different between these two versions regarding the connection procedure.

Board footer