Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-11-08 11:29:16

e-slinger

Attendee Pod & Breakout Rooms - FAILED

Hello All,

So today (11am EST) one of my instructors was using Connect 9.1.1 to host training.  He came to the portion of the class where breakouts were needed.  He reported that he could create the room (we were using only one room for one on one assistance), and then move both he and the attendee into that room.  It worked find up to a the point where the system 'Freaked out and Froze' on him.

I went to investigate and the attendees pod refused to display any of the rooms under the breakout view...could not see any of the attendees under that view either.

I cleared the breakout rooms, removed all content, deleted attendees from each layout, cleared it from the manage pods box, and brought it back...still nothing.

Breakout rooms display and function properly in other rooms.

After the class was over...I ended the meeting and reopened it, function was restored. 

Thoughts?

Last edited by e-slinger (2013-11-08 16:29:20)

#2 2013-11-14 02:59:32

Abhinav Arora

Re: Attendee Pod & Breakout Rooms - FAILED

Were you able to hit the issue again with the same meeting room??

#3 2013-11-18 13:03:41

e-slinger

Arora,

I was able to recreate it, but only in that instance of the room. Once I ended the meeting and launched it again the issue resolved itself.

I was curious to see if anyone else had run into it, and how they fixed it...I could not end the meeting while the class was in session so I was looking for more on the fly kinds of fixes.

Incidentally...it has not happened since this one report of it.

Has this happened to you?

#4 2014-01-02 07:29:35

Abhinav Arora

Hi Slinger

I tried multiple times at my end but was not successful in hitting the issue. If you hit the same thing again, let us know on this forum.

#5 2014-02-05 13:47:42

Jimmy

Hello All,

Sorry to bring up a possible closed topic but we seem to be having the same issue with a professor trying to do an online course.

More detail below;

Here is the problem we have encountered and successfully replicated (as best I can tell):
1)    Enter a room that has multiple potential layouts as host using the adobe connect app from a windows 7 machine with updated software and wired internet connection (sometimes wireless)
2)    Share webcam and audio, enable audio and webcam for participants.
3)    Other machines (5 – 30 PCs, Laptops, Mobile devices) enter as guest participants with webcams and audio via adobe connect app, web browsers, and apple and android apps.
4)    Regular session works well for a long time (30 min plus) with interaction and two sided communications
5)    Create multiple breakout rooms, randomly distribute participants, start breakout session
6)    Participants activate up to 5 webcams and audio in each breakout rooms and use chat and whiteboard
7)    After varying time intervals (between 30s and 10 minutes) various windows (webcam, chat, whiteboard) start to experience delays from initially a few seconds to eventually 20s plus. Communications and collaboration become impossible. Host also experiences same delays entering various breakout rooms and sending broadcast messages
8)    Host ends breakout session but delays remain. Delays appear different for different participants (and on recording for those sessions that were recorded) with no discernable patterns. Sometimes delays in some or all windows stop, sometimes they become worse
9)    We had this in one test session (5 participants), one open workshop (20+ participants) and at least 10 test sessions with between 7 and 10 participants. The test sessions rotated hosting duties across machines with various outcomes … most of them eventually became unsustainable, only one remained operable for more than 10 minutes post breakout start. None of the sessions experienced any difficulties in the main room before starting the breakout sessions. We have yet to run a successful long term breakout session when more than 7 machines are connected and doing stuff.

#6 2014-03-18 07:56:10

e-slinger

Hello,

Interesting.

Have you tried to run the same exercise without turning on the cameras using just audio?

If so was that successful?
If not, try that and see how it works out...I would be curious.

The video has got to be a large load for Connect to handle and that sounds like a lot of video. I use breakouts frequently for both large/small groups all over the country without issue...but I don't use the web cams to save bandwidth.

Other thoughts?

Board footer