Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-09-13 10:35:18

Jorma_at_CoSo

End Meeting workflow

I often feel that it is the little changes/improvements that make the biggest impact to me. So, while the shiny new features of 9.1 are in the spot light, I wanted to throw out a kudos to the Connect team and call attention to a feature that has desperately needed an improved workflow.

For those of us who used the End Meeting feature in Connect prior to Connect 9.1, we have had to learn (sometimes the hard way) that the workflow needed is to:

• End the meeting

• Immediately start the meeting back up (otherwise you face having new attendees at the next session getting stuck at the end meeting screen)

• Then do your post session clean up[/8*]

Now all we need to do is end the meeting, and then close the meeting window/tab. The End meeting function only affects those individuals who were in the room when you ended the session, meaning, that you no longer have to worry about the, "Oops, I forgot to start the meeting back up" scenario. The next time you launch the meeting room the room will be active and available for use.

#2 2013-11-21 11:24:43

StupidSexyFlanders

Re: End Meeting workflow

We have users working with 9.1 now and are finding that, when a Meeting is set to allow anyone with the URL to enter, Participants can re-enter a Meeting long after it's been ended by the Host and without the Host present. This only happens after a Meeting has been started the first time and guest users have entered. Looks like, despite the Host clicking 'End Meeting', the meeting never really ends and anyone with the URL can enter even when the Host isn't there. Is that by design? With v8, even when anyone with the URL could enter the meeting, the only person who could enter a Meeting after 'End Meeting' was clicked was the Host or an Admin.

#3 2013-11-21 16:04:44

Jorma_at_CoSo

The meeting host will need to go back into the room and turn on the Block Incoming Attendees function to keep people out.

#4 2014-07-15 22:34:53

nealtronics

I've studied this problem extensively and it seems like the "Block Incoming Attendees" custom message only lasts approx 30 minutes (on hosted) servers.

Once the meeting host of a connect room or seminar  leaves ~30minutes later the message defaults back to

"The meeting has not yet started. You will be able to access the meeting once the host arrives. Please wait."

Has anyone experienced the same thing? Seeking some clarification on this.

https://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/ … /index.php

Last edited by nealtronics (2014-07-15 22:49:11)

#5 2014-10-23 07:40:30

cuc1392753901

Has anyone figured out this issue?  I am seeing the same thing where a Host can end a meeting and a Participant can still come into the room after the meeting has been ended.  The Block Guest Access feature does not work for us because the Participant received a screen that is prompting for credentials and a message that says, "Guests are not admitted into this meeting" instead of a message stating that the meeting has not yet started.

#6 2014-10-23 09:40:30

Jorma_at_CoSo

The change in functionality that nealtronics mentioned is, I believe, just way things work now.

As to the Block Guest Access function, it is doing what it supposed to do. It disables the ability for someone to join the room a guest, or temporarily moves the permissions setting of the room to the top option on the Edit Information page to "Only registered users may enter the room (guest access is blocked)". You may find the Block Incomming Attendees option has the function you are looking for.

#7 2014-10-23 15:58:26

cuc1392753901

Ok, thanks so much.

Board footer