Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2013-07-08 17:48:29

LorraineWilsonDC

Recorded Webinars

I have a number of recorded webinars that we want to list in our Catalog and allow users to view after they provide registration information.

I've been able to create an event with the recording to show up in the catalog by setting the date to a 2-year range. My problem is that the recorded webinars mess-up my upcoming webinar list and they all appear on the calendar.

Is there any way to set a recorded webinar, or on-demand content, to not have a date set?

#2 2013-07-09 11:37:15

alistairlee

Re: Recorded Webinars

Hi Lorraine,

There's no way to create an event without setting a date.

However - you can set events not to show up in your Event Catalog. This way they wouldn't appear in the calendar or event listing.

Thanks,
Alistair

#3 2013-07-09 14:11:08

LorraineWilsonDC

Hi Alistair,

If I don't set it to show in the Catalog, and can I still tag it to show in the Recorded Webinars folder?

I want our users to be able to find recorded webinars, I just don't want them showing up on the calendar.

-- Lorraine

#4 2016-01-06 18:18:20

deewhy

Was there ever an answer to LorraineWilsonDC's follow-up question? I am stuck on exactly the same issue. I want to be able to display the upcoming live events on the catalog front page and allow users to still access the on-demand events through a tag or other page.

#5 2016-04-15 09:56:24

Michael Skeldon

From a quick test, deselecting 'show in catalogue' does just that - the event isn't displayed anywhere in the catalogue.

A 'sideways solution' might be not to use the catalogue for recordings at all...

You could save them for online viewing then upload them to YouTube.  Next, edit the event catalogue template so that the 'footer' says something like "If you're interested in viewing recordings of our previous sessions, please visit our YouTube page <link>." The result is that your catalogue contains just your upcoming events and you have a dedicated resource for your recordings. Sure, it requires more time converting and uploading but it'd work.

Michael.

#6 2016-04-15 10:46:19

Jorma_at_CoSo

You can place events in different folders (in the Events Library) and then use the Make This Folder Public button to get a unique link for the events in that folder. This way you could have a live events folder and an on-demand events folder with seperate URL's and event listings.

Make%20Folder%20Public.JPG

Board footer