Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-11-14 20:48:05

**_tacytorres_**

Unable to import swf or mov files into presentation

I'm using Powerpoint 2007.  I was running Presenter 7.0, I upgraded to 7.0.7 hoping it would fix the problem, and it has not.  I have tried both file types and the video will not import.  It goes through the process and looks like it's going to import, but when it's done there's nothing new on the screen.  I was able to successfully import swf's into my presentations, though it has been some time since it has been called for.  I've been looking for the answer, and I haven't yet found it.  I found a reference on Adobe's help pages about a registry edit, which I did, and it didn't do the trick.  Any ideas?

#2 2011-11-15 13:22:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Unable to import swf or mov files into presentation

Are your presentations saved on a shared drive?

#3 2011-11-16 11:11:19

**_tacytorres_**

The powerpoint file is on my hard drive, and it's being published to the connect server.

#4 2011-11-16 12:18:30

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

When you publish the presentation are the videos missing, or are you just not seeing them in the PPT? The imported videos tend to come in as a white box, which you don't see if your slides are white.

If they are not importing at all, then you may want to look at uninstalling and reinstalling Presenter, and/or contacting Support 800-945-9120 (push for tier 2 or 3). I am using PPT 07 and 7.0.7 and it works fine for me, so I know it can work.

#5 2011-11-16 12:27:54

**_tacytorres_**

I did uninstall and reinstall presenter, hoping that would fix the problem.  Normally I would get the white box.  I thought maybe it changed, but when I publish it there's definitely nothing there.  Thanks Jorma, I guess I'm off to call support.

#6 2011-11-16 13:08:15

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

#7 2011-11-16 17:20:28

**_tacytorres_**

I called support, they desktop shared with me, uninstalled and reinstalled.  We were able to import the video into a fresh presentation, so I had to rebuild my previous presentation :( but at least it's working (knock on wood).

#8 2011-11-17 22:02:53

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Better than nothing I guess. Glad to hear it is working.

Board footer