Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2011-04-05 19:08:48

**_fu_paladins_**

Adobe Presenter won't open...

I just had to rebuild my system and reinstall eLearning Suite.

Office: 2007

All of the eLearning apps work except Presenter. The tab appears in PowerPoint. When I click any of Presenter buttons (i.e. Settings, Insert Video, etc.), I get a message the Presenter cannot open because of a problem with the licensing.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Suite now 3 times. Each time, I make sure to 'Deactivate'.

Anyone have any other ideas?

I even tried to install Presenter from a stand-alone installer available on the Adobe website but my eLearning Suite license number is considered invalid.

This is on my laptop. The Suite works fine on my desktop that was just installed with the Suite about 4 weeks ago.

Thanks for any help.

#2 2011-04-06 00:50:35

**_Purnima_**

Re: Adobe Presenter won't open...

Are you using the same license on two machine already ? AFAIK, you can use it max of two machines and on third machine you get this error.

#3 2011-04-06 10:44:58

**_fu_paladins_**

Only activated on 2 machines.

I have chatted with Adobe licensing group to confirm all is good with the licensing.

They directed me to call into tech support. I spoke with tech support (ref # 182224100). I was told that this is a "known issue". Tech support transferred me to Presenter group. Presenter group transferred me to install group. While holding for the install group, my call was cut off. Total time on phone was over 1 hour between talking with people and being put on hold.

I guess I will call back when I can find another hour where I can sit on hold and get transferred around. Very frustrating.

#4 2011-04-06 13:13:27

**_redhatperl_**

That looks frustrating. You may need to contact support again and raise the concern. This is currently a hot issue and bug is also logged for this. Hoping to see a patch/fix for this soon. Till then fingers crossed.

Thanks,
Ravi

#5 2011-04-14 14:18:02

**_fu_paladins_**

Running Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) with PowerPoint 2007 (32-bit). It worked previously on my laptop when I was running 32-bit version. But, moved to 64-bit due to application requirements (needed to be able to access more memory).  The software works on my desktop (Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) but not on my laptop.  Could it be the difference between Professional and Home Premium?

Adobe told me they would not help me since I am running 64-bit OS and Presenter is not certified on that. This answer came after 6+ hours (over a few days) of talking to many different support technicians.

Not good for us. We rely on Presenter to create content for our meetings in Connect Pro. With it not working, we may be forced to re-evaluate using Connect Pro.

Presenter makes it easy to create the type of content we want. We had no problems with any of this until March of this year.

Sadly, Adobe is not investing in Presenter. It would not surprise me if they are getting ready to drop it all together.

The latest eLearning Suite has the same version 7 as the Suite we purchased 2 years ago. I have uninstalled / reinstalled.

Please figure out an answer (anyone???).

#6 2011-04-14 17:50:36

**_dhwalker_**

I don't have an answer but when I installed Presenter on my 64bit Win 7 system I remember that I had to leave PPT 2007 installed when I upgraded to Office 2010. That was the only way it would install.
Just 2 cents to add to the puzzle.

#7 2011-04-15 12:47:34

**_fu_paladins_**

Found this on an Adobe forum related to the same problem - it worked for me so it might work for you:

"After installation of Presenter 7, replace the all contents of the file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Presenter 7\adobe_epic\eula\install.html

(Note: File may also be located here - C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Presenter 7\adobe_epic\eula\en_US\install.html

with the following content (where the <body onload...> is the important one

================================================================
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>License Agreement</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<link href="./../default.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
<script language="javascript" src="./../domutils.js"></script>
<script language="javascript" src="./../wizardcore.js"></script>
</head>
<body onload="doAccept()" background="./../background.png">
</body>
</html>
================================================================

This will accept the EULA automatically and enables you to work afterwards.

This is not a fix, but a work around.

#8 2011-06-09 15:59:29

**_memarsh_**

This has been identified as an issue related to Internet Explorer 9.  Verify whether they have Internet Explorer 9 installed.  If they do, you can go to Add/Remove programs and remove Internet Explorer 9.  Then open PowerPoint and click any button in the Adobe Presenter ribbon to register the Adobe Presenter add-in.

#9 2011-08-17 09:38:57

**_Ruth_Lopez_**

Hi in here,
i've got quite a strange problem with PP: i'm running  Windows 7 64-bit OS computer.  When I open my document with pictures only a few pictures are in the document.  Most of the places where pictures should be have a box with a red "X" in the upper left-hand corner. What's the problem with pics? and how is it possible to make them stay where they are to be?

Last edited by **_Ruth_Lopez_** (2012-06-20 03:54:37)

#10 2011-08-18 17:29:21

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Ruth,

This sounds like an issue with either your images or PowerPoint. You may want to seek the help of a PPT user group to see if they would have any ideas on what could be causing this.

If I had to venture a guess, I would say that the images were either removed, or the display of them was to a specific file on a different computer, so it no longer is able to find the image.

#11 2011-08-21 21:02:29

**_heywardjr_**

Just to clarify and correct statements here:

1. Adobe Presenter works on Windows 32 bit or 64 bit
2. Adobe Presenter works on 32-bit Powerpoint but NOT 64-bit POWERPOINT and there is no plan to support 64-bit Powerpoint. Microsoft recommends users install 32-bit Office and only use 64-bit Office for special purposes.
3. Adobe Presenter 7.07 was released last week and can be downloaded from the Adobe Presenter product page. Presenter 7.07 was released to address the install process for Office 2010 but fixes a number of key features.
4. Adobe Presenter 7.07 is recommended for Adobe Connect 8.1.2 and Adobe Captivate 5.5. All are designed to work together using ActionScript 3.
5. IE9 has not been certified to work with Presenter yet. It's in testing.

#12 2011-08-23 01:44:21

**_Roho_**

office 2010 64-bit has been on the market for a year.. most genuine software companies are ready with their upgrades at the same time MS releases their software..

Last edited by **_Roho_** (2011-09-14 04:00:51)

Board footer