Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-08-12 16:07:56

**_cherstein_**

"Adobe Presenter cannot load the recordings for all slides".

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.  I've published a presentation which includes audio and video successfully.

Now that I've gone back to edit the Powerpoint presentation, when I go to publish again, the sound is lost although the 'ppcx' file is in the directory, when I browse there.

I don't want to have to rerecord everything. Any thoughts?

#2 2010-08-12 16:31:54

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: "Adobe Presenter cannot load the recordings for all slides".

First, what version of Presenter are you on? The current version is 7.0.5 and that is three updates from the installer file of 7.0.0. This sounds like a Presenter 7.0.0 bug so I just want to be sure that you are up to date. Don't work with Presenter without updating!

Updating the program may not resolve this issue. Be sure not to choose the option that is to disregard the recordings and PPC and continue on any way. This will delete your audio recordings. Back up the files in the Audio folder and then you can import them back into the presentation and re-assign the animations.

#3 2010-08-12 18:34:59

**_cherstein_**

I'm on the latest version of Presenter 7.0.5 and Powerpoint 2007.  I think the problem is working on a shared server. Bummer. 

I hope that I can have my IT department restore the audio file and then move the powerpoint to my C: drive and always work from there.

Of course, the problem is that my C: drive isn't backed up, so I'll have to do that myself.  Thanks.

#4 2010-08-13 10:46:56

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

You can keep the files on the shared drive, you just need to pull them down to your local computer when you work on them. Remember to bring the PPTX and the folder with the same name when you transfer to your computer and then back to the shared drive.

#5 2010-08-13 11:13:49

**_cherstein_**

Will do.  Wonder why this wasn't explained by Adobe when I called them?  I'm not very impressed with this product or their support. Thank goodness for users like you.

- Claire

Board footer