Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2010-03-31 11:06:37

**_momentum1_**

Choppy Video/Audio with flash fiels- Please help

I'm trying to optimize performance for my Adobe connect sessions.
I'm trying to play a 30 minute, 40

#2 2010-03-31 11:10:51

**_Daniel_**

Re: Choppy Video/Audio with flash fiels- Please help

Your file size sounds quite reasonable. Are all participants experiencing the choppiness or just you as the host? What kind of connections are your participants on? We experience some choppiness with video in files that are smaller than yours, but a "tolerable" level, not more than I might see than the occasional buffering when watching something on youtube on a standard broadband connection.

#3 2010-03-31 12:54:03

**_momentum1_**

Hello, thanks for the reply

-  Yes, all participants are experiencing choppy video, as well as myself.
-  Participants are on broadband internet connections.

The video/audio is defo. not tolerable.  I do use a headset to communciate to participants (1way)
not sure if this effects it in anyway.  When flash movie is playing, I do not communicate to any one.

Any other recommendations?  Is it perhaps my broadband connection?  Is there any where I can test to see if things are optimal on my end?

cheers

#4 2010-03-31 20:05:16

**_Daniel_**

You can click the green button at the top right of your screen to display your bandwidth. It will tell you the latency and your up/down speeds. You might leave that on while you experiment and see if the video is killing your bandwidth. Not sure what else to suggest.

#5 2010-04-01 08:22:12

**_gajett_**

steve,
what size is the pod that contains the video?  have you tried re-sizing it and making it smaller?  The larger you try to play it, the more horsepower it takes on the display end.  experiment with the size.

greg

Board footer