Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-11-04 13:21:55

**_cfberman_**

Is it possible to print the PPT slides from a Presenter Module?

I want my users to be able to print the PowerPoint slides (including Notes) from Presenter. I have so far only been able to print one screen at a time. Is there a way to do the whole presentation? If not, are there plans to create a "printable" view when publishing?

BTW: I published to PDF thinking that would fix it and it didn't.

Any insights appreciated.

Cynthia

#2 2009-11-04 14:22:19

**_Daniel_**

Re: Is it possible to print the PPT slides from a Presenter Module?

Hi Cynthia,
One way you can do it it to save a copy of the slides under the "attachment" dialog of your publishing options in Presenter. May need to create duplicate copy of the slides so you can attach them to themself. participants would access the slides through the paperclip (attachment icon) on the bottom of their viewer toolbar.
If you are using a Connect Pro meeting room, you could also use the fileshare pod to allow participants to download the slides.
Hope this helps,
Daniel

#3 2009-11-04 14:29:14

**_cfberman_**

Thanks, Daniel. I guess for now that may be the best way. Do I need to strip the sound and animations out of the PPTs before posting them? I want to avoid dual maintenance.

It would been wonderful if the next release of Presenter had an option that would do that automatically.

#4 2009-11-04 15:41:44

**_robva65_**

Hey Cynthia,

Along the same lines as Daniel suggests, have you tried simply using the File --> Print method of creating a PDF of your PPT deck?  This method completely bypasses using the Adobe Presenter Publishing methods, but it still offers you the ability to incorporate the notes from PPT without having to deal with the media aspects (audio, etc) when PowerPoint prints the deck to your printer driver.

The only major drawback is that I've seen the notes content getting clipped in the PDF versions of a PPT deck; this is due to the limitation of the output from the printer driver (typically set to 8.5 x 11 in portrait mode).  So the more content in notes, the more likely that it'll get cut off at a max character count.

Nevertheless, once you print a PDF version of your content, you can easily add the new doc using the attachments feature that Daniel recommended above.

Rob

http://www.robrode.com/yabb/

#5 2009-11-04 17:03:55

**_cfberman_**

Rob,

Thank you for your suggestion. I think before I try it, I'll change the Notes font to 8pt! I was
hoping there was a different solution.

Thanks again.
Cynthia

#6 2012-02-13 12:31:01

**_echol_**

Hello all,
I'm a new user. I've been asked to lead my faculty in our migration from Elluminate/Blackboard Collaborate over to Adobe Connect. Our main issue is the notes that are attached to each ppt slide. Is there a way that the participant with "Enhanced Rights"  can NOT see the PPt notes?   Within ppt, by using the presenter view, the presenter can see each slide with notes while all participants (viewers) can only see the slide. Is there a way to emulate that in Adobe Connect?  Thanks!  I hope I've posted this in the correct place.   
Thanks again!
Echol

#7 2012-02-13 13:03:57

alistairlee

Hey Echol,

Welcome to the community!

The functionality you're looking for is how Adobe Connect works by default.

By enabling 'Enahnced Rights' on the share pod - you're basically giving the participants the same rights as the Presenters for the share pod.  This includes being able to see the sidebar with notes.  You would need to turn off those enhanced rights for participants not to be able to see the sidebar.

I assume there is a reason for giving participants these rights.  Perhaps understanding that may help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Alistair

Board footer