Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-09-16 06:20:01

**_memarsh_**

RE: Slide Timings and PowerPoint 2007 problems

Hey there,
I have a faculty member who was using Adobe Presenter to record his lectures.  He was recording his lectures, and then when he went to publish, if there was a feature that was not supported from PowerPoint 2007, it would crash when he went to publish.  So he removed the feature he thought was making it crash and was able to get the presentation to publish.  Then he started having problems wherever he had a blank slide, the slide timings changed from the standard 5 seconds to 1 second.  So when he published his presentation it was hanging at that point.  So we upgrade him from 6.1 to 7 with the service pack.  The timings are still messing up on the blank slides even after he goes back and inserts silence for 5 seconds.  We also check to see what the default timings were set to and it was 5 seconds.  Now when he publishes the slides don't hang up, but they do still have the wrong timings.
I opened the presentation on my computer and did not have problems with the timings changing.  So I am wondering if this is a product issues or an individual user issue (possibly temp files that Presenter creates on the individual computers).  He also mentioned that the pause button when recording audio is not working.  Has anyone seen these issues before?
Thanks,
Melissa

#2 2009-09-16 07:55:47

**_Daniel_**

Re: RE: Slide Timings and PowerPoint 2007 problems

Hi Melissa,
Sounds pretty strange! Not sure what's going on and don't have a lot to offer except for one possible help. Upgrading to 7.0.5 resolved a lot of issues re: Office 2007 features for us, so that may help with your faculty member's presentation.
What format are his lectures being recorded in? Are these video files that he is then using Presenter's import feature to bring in?
Best, Daniel

#3 2009-09-16 08:43:50

**_memarsh_**

Hey Daniel,
Yeah he has the patch for version 7 of presenter.  There are no video files.  It is just the PowerPoint slides with audio narration and timings.  He is using different transitions and animations and I am wondering if that is the problem.
Thanks,
Melissa

#4 2009-09-16 08:55:32

**_Daniel_**

Gotcha. Importing audio and marrying timings can be tricky. Keep in mind that slide transitions are not supported in Presenter. There are several animations that are unsupported too, and sometimes just substituting one animation for another has solved problems for us, so you may be on to something there. Generally, using the edit audio file tool in Presenter for all animation timings has helped us get everything aligned, and not relying on default timings for slide durations (inserting silence as needed). Good luck!
Daniel

#5 2009-09-16 10:46:39

**_bob_freese_**

I have had this problem, make sure the first animation on a slide is a click, not automated.  Presenter seems to NOT see the automated animation if it is the first animation on a slide.  I had to fix a 112 page presentation that was not working at all (even after Syncing it) and that fixed the problem.

#6 2010-01-22 15:41:40

**_Karla_**

I am having a similar problem. We have used Presenter for a couple of years now and it has worked fairly smoothly.  Today I tried to publish a powerpoint presentation that had slide 'transitions' in it and it would not publish.  When I figured out what the problem was, I removed all the transitions, but it still will not publish.  It looks like I have to recreate every slide that had a transition on it and delete the original slide ?  any suggestions?

Board footer