Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-30 09:51:34

**_yan123_**

Merging two Presenter files into one with recording audio

I did not find Presenter forum so Captivate is close to it and I also use it. So I will post my question about Presenter and hope some one will be able to help me.

I am trying to merge two Presenter files into one and having a problem. After I have copied slides from one presentation into another one, I save it. However when I try to Publish or exit Power Point I get following message (see attached picture).

Is there a special way to merge two Power Points with Presenter recordings into one with out loosing voice?

Regards, Yan

#2 2009-07-30 11:25:48

**_Daniel_**

Re: Merging two Presenter files into one with recording audio

Hello Yan,
I did not see your picture of the error message.  I have cut and paste different slides back and forth between presentations, and have to reinsert audio or video, which I do by navigating the the data folder of the presentation I am copying from, and reinsert any media that Presenter has already converted. There is probably a simpler way to do it though.
Daniel

#3 2009-07-30 11:48:47

**_yan123_**

Thank you Daniel. I think I have a bigger issue. No matter what I try do to in Presenter I can't import Audio from original presentation nor can

#4 2009-07-31 13:25:20

**_Daniel_**

Yan,
Not sure I can help. Make sure you have the latest version of Presenter, 7.02
You can check the help files in Presenter and verify that you have correct file formats that you are trying to import. That will take care of the basics, in case you are not certain of those. Good luck.
Daniel

#5 2009-08-04 14:07:48

alistairlee

Yan,

Another option you might want to try is to import the stand-alone MP3's from the previous presentation.

In the directory where you saved your PPT or PPTX, you should see a folder with the same name as the presentation.  This folder is created by Adobe Presenter and includes a .ppc file (or .ppcx in the case of a pptx presentation) and a folder called 'audio'.  Inside that audio folder, you should find individual MP3 files for each of the slides you recorded.  You may want to rename them so it is obvious which slide each audio file refers to.

Back in Presenter, you can use the 'Import Audio' functionality to import these MP3 files.  This way, you can bring in audio from your previous presentation into your new presentation.

Thanks,
Alistair

Board footer