Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-07-12 01:11:31

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Audio in imported slide video not in sync

Hi,
I imported an mp4 video (33 secs) into a slide (not sidebar), and after publishing it, the audio part is not in sync with the video (lip movements). Is there a way to come around such a problem?
Kind regards,
Jonas

Last edited by **_jonaslagneryd_** (2009-07-12 01:12:01)

#2 2009-07-13 09:33:08

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Audio in imported slide video not in sync

If you are using a video on a slide, it would make more sense to have the audio encoded with the video rather than seperate.  If you are trying to sync the lips of someone in a video, you probably won't get the results you want trying to add the audio seperately. 

Is there a particular reason you are importing the audio seperate from the video?

-Chris

#3 2009-07-13 14:29:50

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Hi,
The audio is already in the video and still it is out of sync!?
Kind regards,
Jonas

#4 2009-07-13 14:38:13

**_roysdenc_**

When you import a video to a slide, you can chose a quality option.  It defaults to medium.  Have you tried changing this to high?  Also, I have found that I personally have beeter results importing an .flv video rather than and .avi or .wmv.  What format are you importing?  In the end, Presenter will convert to an .flv, which is why I like starting with that.

-Chris

#5 2009-07-13 14:42:27

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Have you tried converting the .mp4 video to Flash? (i.e., .flv, .swf, etc.) This sometimes tends to do the trick, the reason being that you're inserting Flash instead of importing video. Flash based videos tend to work better overall in my experiences.

You can convert an .mp4 to .flv (and several other extensions, for that matter) here:
http://media-convert.com/

Please let us know what happens.

#6 2009-07-13 14:48:45

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Many thanks Jeff and Chris!
I will start testing according to your suggestions tomorrow (it is soon bedtime here in Sweden) and will report back to you what happens!
Kind regards,
Jonas

#7 2009-07-14 03:01:44

**_jonaslagneryd_**

Hi again,
I can report that the problem disappeared when I changed to High quality when importing the MP4-file. I will also test converting to flv before importing. But it is good to know that importing directly works fine as well. Works both importing to slide and sidebar.
Thanks for helping out!
Jonas

Board footer