Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-07-22 10:53:29

Cryhavoc

Connect Hangs on connecting screen with latest FireFox 47

I've been trying for sometime now get to Adobe Connect to work with FireFox. At one time it would pass all the tests but still not connect. So on the advice of chat help I completely removed Firefox then reinstalled it. Nothing..... Except now it fails the test at 2, the connection test. I get this error;

App-Server returned: code:ok, servers=rtmps://meeting1.uits.iu.edu:443/?rtmp://localhost:8506/

ERROR: FMS Server did not return correctly!

1) It works fine with Edge so its NOT a firewall/Router/ISP problem

2) I've refreshed FireFox.... nothing

3 As stated I've uninstalled/reinstalled FireFox...... nothing

4) I've cleared the cache...... nothing

5) I've cleared the cookies...... nothing

6) I've disabled my Kaspersky...... nothing

7) I've tried running FireFox in safemode...... nothing.

8) Oh, and I've tried manually installing, uninstalling, then installing again, Adobe Connect 9..... You got it....Tada!!!!   Nothing.

It simply will not make the jump from the Connecting screen, to the meeting or recording.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by Cryhavoc (2016-07-22 10:55:50)

#2 2016-07-22 11:57:03

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Connect Hangs on connecting screen with latest FireFox 47

Mike,

It looks like there is some network issue at play here.

When I test my computer on your Connect system, using Firefox I get the following:

App-Server returned: code:ok,
servers=rtmps://meeting1.uits.iu.edu:443/?rtmp://localhost:8506/

FMS Server connected with protocol: rtmps

So maybe there is something blocking the rtmps connection for you. If IE/EDGE works, but FF doesn't then there may be something on the network security policies that doesn't tranafer to FF. Have you tried connecting to your Connect servers from a different location or netowork?

Are you having an issue connecting to a meeting room when using the Add-in and Firefox?

#3 2016-07-22 17:18:37

Cryhavoc

I don't have the  option of using a different location or server.

I don't have any clue what else I can set on FireFox. All the permissions and exceptions I can find are set to allow. All blockers and add-ons are disabled.

I'm trying to view a recording but next week I will also need to connect to a meeting. I'm a student at De-Vry and they use this connect a lot.

#4 2016-07-26 16:01:44

Cryhavoc

So I guess I don't need support on this issue???

#5 2016-07-26 16:32:02

Jorma_at_CoSo

I'm sure you do need support. This is a User Community Forum, so there is only so much support you can get from other users.

You can try testing your computer on this page (a Connect account hosted by Adobe, instead of IU) and see if it makes a difference. If this link works better then the issue is likely with something to do with IU's setup. If nothing is different then it is likely your computer.

http://realeyesconnect.adobeconnect.com … g_test.htm

You may want to look for more support reated to IU's deployment through their portal and support contacts found here, https://uits.iu.edu/. Seeing as it is a server that they manage and deploy, you may need to reach out to Adobe Suppport, if needed, through IU.

Board footer