Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-04-13 09:04:38

connect-user

Sharing Videos in Adobe Connect 9.5

Hello Community,

in the past, the help of the community at this point was always good :-)

Now we have another question - we would like to show a video in our adobe connect system (version 9.5)

- It must be playable on all devices with image and audio such as PC, laptop, iPad, iPhone and Android smartphone

What format and what properties must have the video file ?

- MP4 or FLV?
- Codec for the soundtrack?
- Bitrate?
- Resolution ?
- Special features?

Thank you for your feedback

#2 2016-04-13 10:24:48

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Sharing Videos in Adobe Connect 9.5

- FLV video will show on all devices. MP4 video will not play in the Connect mobile app (seems odd, but that is the way it is).
- MP3 is what I would use for audio.
- For video bitrate, I try to stick with 600 to 800 kbps.
- I also try to keep the video at around 720 X 480.

#3 2016-04-29 09:21:06

connect-user

Hello again and thank you for the feedback

now it is relevant for us how to create the FLV files in the best way ...

Is there a opportunity to create optimized files for Connect with the Adobe Media Encoder (and the settings) as a part of the Creative Cloud?
Makes sense to embed the videos in a presentation and create them with adobe presenter software?

What is the best way for the videos?

Thanks for your feedback

#4 2016-04-29 11:01:38

Jorma_at_CoSo

The best way is the way that works for you.

If you prefer to have the videos as part of the slide presentation, then Presenter is probably best because you don't have to switch between Share Pods or Layouts to play your videos and then go back to your presentation. However if the session runs soomther when you have the videos seperate from the presentations, then do that.

You should be able to use the Adobe Media Ecoder to convert your video to the above settings. I believe it is avaialbel as part of the Creative Cloud subscription. Otherwise you can look to use tools like Handbrake (free) or AVS4YOU's video conversion software ($59 for their full suite of products). There are plenty of other video conversion tools out there besides those, so feel free to choose the one that best fits your need and budget.

#5 2016-05-09 08:00:58

connect-user

Hello Jorma_at_RealEyes,

thank you for your reply.
we decided to show videos in a separate Share Pod. Adobe Media Encoder or Premiere Pro are not able to create FLV files so we looked at the AVS4YOU Video Converter tool.

created flv videos with this program work on all devices via adobe connect. Now a question: What settings should we use for the video (see screenshot below). Thank you for a feedback with details (bitrate, resolution etc.).

Thanks

Settings AVS Softwarte FLV

#6 2016-05-10 13:46:33

cuc1462905612

Actually, the updated edition of the Adobe Connect Mobile app does now support MP4 viewing in addition to FLV.  I just confirmed this in my connect room and on the app running on my iPhone.

#7 2016-05-10 13:54:06

cuc1462905612

Also, the youtube custom pod by esync training is pretty fabulous if you want to play ANY video off of YouTube. It's optimized, too, to play on all mobile devices via the adobe connect mobile app.

#8 2016-05-16 13:08:06

Jorma_at_CoSo

Sweet! I didn't know that MP4 video was supported now.

As to the settings for AVS, I'd use the settings I mentioned earlier. The most important parameters are the resolution and bitrate of the video. The rest you can play with, but I find sticking with the source media's original settings gives the best quality.

#9 2016-05-25 08:44:35

JCarter

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

Sweet! I didn't know that MP4 video was supported now.

Yeah, we showed an MP4 video quite some time ago. If I remember, I captured it from my PC using (gasp) Camtasia recorder. MAybe Captivate can do that?

#10 2016-09-16 14:15:46

bmoreinis

I understand that a presenter wishes to play a video using Adobe Connect,  the audio channel will not include system audio, so only the visual data will be transmitted.  There are workarounds (mic your speakers, upload the video to a pod, have everyone click on an external link at once), but the ideal functionality would be for system audio to play through the session.

Are there any other solutions or workarounds, out there or in Beta? This seems like a key feature, which other systems (like WebEx) handle easily.

Thanks,

Bram

#11 2016-09-16 14:50:28

Jorma_at_CoSo

Bram,

If a video is uploaded to the Share pod, the audio will broadcast through VoIP. If you screen share video, only the image is broadcast, no audio.

Board footer