Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-21 10:08:25

**_jcole07_**

Blurred Images after publishing

I am currently using Presenter 7.0.  I've published a number of training modules to the Connect Pro site and noticed that although the pictures, video and text look flawless on Powerpoint they are blurred when I view the published version.  Is there a way to lock the resolution? Another solution?

Thanks.

#2 2009-01-21 12:08:23

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Blurred Images after publishing

Under Presentation Settings, there is a quality tab. Under the quality settings for Connect Pro, verify that the image quality is set to high or medium, but not low. Play with that setting and see if it resolves your picture issues.

#3 2009-01-21 14:21:08

**_mark2741_**

There is no solution to that that I have found. I've set the quality tab setting to high and it makes a slight improvement but still very blurry. I'm not sure why it has to be this way. Flash content uploaded to Connect is not blurry. This is the primary reason why I won't use Presenter to author content. The result is unprofessional no matter how good the actual content is.

Last edited by **_mark2741_** (2009-01-21 14:21:53)

#4 2009-01-21 15:47:52

**_roysdenc_**

I use Presenter all the time, and so long as I use the high setting, I do not have problems.  The only exception is anything with smart art or objects from Office 07 with text on them will be blury.

-Chris

#5 2009-01-21 16:28:14

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

It may  also come from having a large image compressed down to fit on the slide. If you use something like Photoshop to change the resolution of the image to begin with this may also solve your problem.

#6 2009-03-31 11:13:42

**_jcooper9099_**

I have this problem as well. We don't have the issue in PowerPoint 2003. We do have the issue in PowerPoint 2007.  I found that PowerPoint 2007 compresses images by default when saving. I have not found this "feature" in 2003.

Other things that I have noticed from PowerPoint2007 and Connect...

Dropshadows are not honored.
0 level animations are not honored and required a click.
Other animations not supported. ]

Anybody else?

#7 2009-03-31 11:31:13

**_roysdenc_**

I do know that no all effects or animations are supported.  I have seen a more detailed list, but here is one from Adobe's website.  Notice the difference between the behaviors in PP07 and PP03.

http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=kb404463

There are things they are still trying to figure out with PowerPoint07, and I have seen some progress since this release of CP7.  However there is still room for improvement, which will hopefully happen sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps.
-Chris

#8 2011-08-25 01:28:31

**_Fabian56_**

roysdenc wrote:

I use Presenter all the time, and so long as I use the high setting, I do not have problems.  The only exception is anything with smart art or objects from Office 07 with text on them will be blury.

-Chris

Can't agree more. I've got the new Adobe Presenter 7 on a month's trial and have spent the past hour giving it a thorough working over.

Last edited by **_Fabian56_** (2012-06-20 03:47:05)

Board footer