Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-09-01 12:05:05

Masadow

Is it possible to create an event from the web service api ?

Hi,

I'm able to create a meeting, creating users and register users to those meetings.

However, since I want my users to be able to register without password, I need to create an event that will contain my meeting (if I understand correctly how things work).

The only problem is that I can't find how to create an event, when I use sco-update and type=event, the created event seems broken. Is there any sample I can find or tutorial explaining how to do it without the user interface ? I want to do everything through the API.

Thanks,

#2 2015-09-02 09:35:48

Masadow

Re: Is it possible to create an event from the web service api ?

Just to be more clear.

I want to use Adobe Connect for video conferencing.

I tried to use it via the GUI interface to see if it fits my needs, now I don't want to use the adobe connect interface since my users will create and register to the conferences from my own application. That's why I need to use the adobe API.

So, what I want to do is to be able to create webinars and register users without password to them.

So far, I understood how to create new users and attach them to events. However, I can't reproduce the event creation that worked from the interface via the API.

I was creating event under Event Management tab. I thought creating a sco with type event inside my-events folder would be enough, but even if I see my event created under Event Management tab, it crashes every time I try to select it to visualize it, so I might be doing something wrong.

There is a lack of documentation regarding events creations, meetings are explained very well but there's nothing about events.

#3 2015-09-02 11:18:16

Jorma_at_CoSo

From looking at the API documentation, the biggest challenge I see is setting the event to not require a password.

I think the lack of documentation is due to the fact that most people purchase the Events Module to use the GUI to create and manage events and external users.

Is there something specific you gain from the Events Module? If users are registering through your site, couldn't you just create a specific link for them to join the Meeting room and not involve the Events Module?

Since you can join a Meeting without a password as a guest, that may better fit your needs. All you would need to do is add ?guest-name=John%20Smith to the Meeting URL and they should be able to click that link and come straight into the meeting.

#4 2015-09-03 03:55:31

Masadow

The problem with meeting is that participants are also streaming video. I don't want that behaviour at all.

In my case, only the presenter should broadcast image and sound, participants should be able to interact with the chat only (we expect hundreds of participants).

If I want hundreds of participants, meetings won't suit my needs.

Setting the event to not require a password seems to be a challenge, but creating a simple event that will be in the folder my-events is already a challenge for me.

I created one, with sco-update with parameters type=event&icon=event but when I try to open the event created from the API in the GUI, then I receive an error message from Adobe saying the request can't be processed, so my data seems corrupted with sco-update. I bet there is another method I should call instead/after/before, but I couldn't find anything in the doc neither on the web

#5 2015-09-03 10:23:35

Jorma_at_CoSo

Masadow wrote:

The problem with meeting is that participants are also streaming video. I don't want that behaviour at all.

In my case, only the presenter should broadcast image and sound, participants should be able to interact with the chat only (we expect hundreds of participants).

This shouldn't be possible in Connect. Anyone in a Meeting/Webinar room as a Participant shouldn't have the ability to broadcast VoIP audio or video without being promoted or given the specific permission to broadcast. This functionality doesn't change if someone joins the room directly or through an Event.

Double check that your room doesn't have the Auto Promote Participants to Presenters option enabled, as that would automatically promote everyone who joins to a level where they can broadcast VoIP audio and video.

Masadow wrote:

I created one, with sco-update with parameters type=event&icon=event but when I try to open the event created from the API in the GUI, then I receive an error message from Adobe saying the request can't be processed, so my data seems corrupted with sco-update. I bet there is another method I should call instead/after/before, but I couldn't find anything in the doc neither on the web

You should consider reaching out to Adobe Support to see if they can give any clarification on why this isn't working and how best to get this working for you. You can reach them at 800-945-9120 or http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/co … pport.html

#6 2016-04-06 09:26:38

labatt

@Masadow - please let us know if you get this successfully working. I tried to do the same thing with the same results and could never create an event programatically. We run webinars 5 days a week, and I want to be able to specify the time at which we run the webinar each day, then create the events, add in certain users, promote them to presenter and activate the events. I couldn't get past the creation of the initial event without getting errors, so gave up for the moment.

Board footer