Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-05-29 15:20:10

cuc1432929781

WORKAROUND SOUGHT - PPT slides w/"After Previous"

In the Connect Training forum, there are at least two posts that are closed, and they both relate to my problem. I copy/pasted one of them below, in quotes.
The person who responded stated the problem is "expected behavior". OK, but I have piles of PPT files (pptx and ppt) that extensively use "After previous" for first animations on gazillions of slides. Currently, in AC, the presenter must click once to display the next slide, then must click again to play the first animation. This drives most of my clients batty.
The responder below states "Its different for on-demand content." What does that mean? I don't want to app share the PPT - that approach introduces loads of other problems for our delivery. Eg. if you're screen sharing you can't see chat pods, etc.
How can I get the effect I see in PPT to happen in AC? That is, how can AC play that first animation without the need for an extra click?
Thanks!

--------------- TEXT FROM ANOTHER POST, WITH RESPONSE ---------------------

"I am sharing a PowerPoint presentation using an Adobe Connect meeting room. I have slide animations that I want to start automatically when I go to the next slide. In regular slide show view, before sharing, this works fine. But when I am sharing the presentation I have to click in order for the animation to trigger. I have tried using both 2003 and 2007 PPTs. I have also tried using all different animation options (i.e. on click, with previous, and after previous). I am using the "Wipe" entrance animation.

--------------- ------------------ --------------------
2 **_jcooper9099_** 2011-09-15 13:18:22

Super Host:
This is an "expected" behavior. There are no "zero level" animations once a PowerPoint has been uploaded to a room. Its different for on-demand content."

#2 2015-06-25 11:32:02

Phil Jones

Re: WORKAROUND SOUGHT - PPT slides w/"After Previous"

I am experiencing a similar problem with animation sequencing. I have a slide with a picture that appears on screen on click 1. A second animation is an arrow highlighting something on that first picture, this is set to start "with previous" on a delay of 2 seconds. I have both set to "hide on next click".  It works in powerpoint but not when I view it in adobepresenter preview, only the arrow gets hidden.

#3 2015-07-08 08:27:07

Kevin

Re: WORKAROUND SOUGHT - PPT slides w/"After Previous"

I know this is not the fix, but in Connect 9.3+, when sharing screen, you do have access to the mini controls that can show the Chat Pod activity.

Board footer