Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-12-10 09:52:12

VSturley

Maximum number of participants

I am getting approached in my organisation to do large events on Adobe Connect. What would be the user limit? I am getting requests for 1000+, more in the webcast-type space. We have an on-premise deployment that we could escalate as needed, but I want to understand what the limits are on the Adobe Connect software side and what the impact of having such a large number of users would be.

There have been a couple of other threads on this topic, but they are quite old and refer to previous versions.

#2 2014-12-10 11:32:03

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Maximum number of participants

You can get licenses for seminar rooms (may be called webinar rooms) that can hold 200 to 1500 attendees. The licensing can be applied to your on-premise deployment, but keep in mind that you may need to have additional servers to handle the load. A Connect server is designed to handle up to 500 concurrent meeting connections. So, if you had a 1000 seat seminar room, it would be wise to have 3 Connect servers (the third for failover and other traffic purposes) and if you had a 1500 seat seminar room I would recommend 4 servers.

However, if the cost and management of that scale of Connect cluster is not resonable, because you will hold these large sessions infrequently, I'd recommend that you look at a 30 day seminar license on a hosted account with Adobe. It will have a lower cost and none of the set up headache.

You should reach out to your reseller about cost and deployment options. If you would like you can reach out to me off forum as well, just add .com to my user name.

#3 2014-12-11 10:11:56

VSturley

Thanks, Jorma. You say Seminar Rooms can have 200 to 1500. I believe I have seen sessions with fewer than 200 participants. Is there a lower restriction on the number of participants? And, if so, is that linked to the number of participants scheduled or attending?

#4 2014-12-11 11:03:49

Jorma_at_CoSo

Meeting rooms traditionally hold up to 100 attendees. There are other licensing options for Meetings, but the 100 attendees is most common.

All meeting/seminar limits are based on attending. Connect couldn't care less how many people you invite. If you invite 500 people to a room that holds 200, then the first 200 attendees will get in, everyone else will get a message that states the licensing limit has been reached and please try again later.

If it helps, we have a post about licesning here: http://www.realeyes.com/blog/2012/04/17 … licensing/

#5 2014-12-17 05:46:40

VSturley

When you say...

A Connect server is designed to handle up to 500 concurrent meeting connections. So, if you had a 1000 seat seminar room, it would be wise to have 3 Connect servers (the third for failover and other traffic purposes) and if you had a 1500 seat seminar room I would recommend 4 servers.

Do you include the DB server in the count?

What I meant in  of the Seminar Rooms is that you said from 200 to 1500 users. Can you have a seminar with, say, 50 users?

#6 2014-12-17 10:51:23

Jorma_at_CoSo

Do I include the DB server in the count? No.

Can you have a seminar with 50 users? Yes, but the seminar room would have the ability to hold between 200 and 1500 attendees. Think of it as a virtual auditorium. All the seats are there, but you don't have to fill them.

Board footer