Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-11-24 01:15:06

ktall

Using Adobe Connect Abroad

I've been using Adobe Connect (creating and watching recorded meetings) in the states for about 6 months and never had an issue.
I just moved to Okinawa on a military installation and now cannot connect to Adobe Connect. The public ip address is a US address since we are on a military base but it still says it cannot reach the server. (I'm on an unmonitored link to the internet so there are no filters on this side of the network)
I am having no trouble reaching anything else in the states and my connection speed is good enough to stream video from the states on other platforms.

Is there some sort of filtering that is keeping me from reaching Adobe Connect? Can anyone help me out with this?

#2 2014-12-02 13:13:55

Tabasco

Re: Using Adobe Connect Abroad

It sounds like a firewall issue.  Make sure port 1935 is not blocked.  You can find instructions on the internet on how to do this.

#3 2014-12-10 09:54:44

VSturley

I would concur. It sounds like a firewall. Adobe's ports tend to be closed, as many organisations consider them high risk. I would suggest doing tracerts and then asking IT&S at the base to open the firewall to the specific servers.

#4 2015-01-28 04:32:44

yusuf74

Now this is very risk for you. If the port blocked in this case you never do anything. If adobe never blocks, then you follow or send mail to adobe support center.

Board footer