Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-11-19 20:32:39

cuc1416446738

Delays in Writing on Shared Documents and Whiteboard

I have a question about Adobe Connect meetings. I share PPT documents with my students that has questions we want to discuss through writing on a shared whiteboard, or a shared document. Our discussions often involve a lot of writing on the document/whiteboard. Below is a screen capture of an example of a recent session.

examplewithlotsofwriting bbcode test

When I use the Add-In, it is very difficult to write on a document. I always log in a second time after sharing the document, so that I can avoid having to use the Add-in.

But even when I’m not using the Add-in, writing on the board creates delays when there gets to be a lot of writing on the board. Is there anything I can do?

In case it helps, these are the steps I use that creates the issue:

1) Create new meeting
2) Enter meeting room as host, using Add-in.
3) Either share an uploaded PPT document (file size roughly 400kb), or share a whiteboard.
4) Log in a 2nd time as host, so that I avoid having to use the Add-in
5) Participants arrive (usually 15 to 20 students).
6) I start writing on the board/document without using the Add-in.

Last edited by Greg (2014-11-20 12:48:29)

#2 2014-11-20 12:48:06

Greg

Re: Delays in Writing on Shared Documents and Whiteboard

In case it helps, here are some of the settings we use:

• Pods: we have a share pod, a chat pod, an attendees pod, and rarely we use a video pod. The facilitator is the only one that uses the video pod

• Video quality: usually the video feed is off, but when it is on, we set the quality to low

• Microphone: we don't use Enhanced Audio (would it help speed things up?) and we don't use a Speech Codec (would it help speed things up?)

• Screen Share: we never screen share

• Private chat: participants cannot private chat

• Board: the host (me) is the only individual that can write on the shared PPT documents and the whiteboard (unless I put them into breakout rooms, but that's a separate issue)

• Record meeting: we don't record our meetings with Adobe Connect

#3 2014-12-08 14:55:29

Greg

We still aren't sure what to do about this issue. If anyone has any ideas on what can be done to reduce latency issues with screens that have a lot of markup, we'd love to hear it.

#4 2014-12-10 13:44:24

James Booth

Board: the host (me) is the only individual that can write on the shared PPT documents and the whiteboard (unless I put them into breakout rooms, but that's a separate issue)

Have you tried out ENHANCED PARTICIPANT RIGHTS?  this allows you to select one (or more) participants in your room and give them whiteboard rights.

Last edited by James Booth (2014-12-10 13:59:46)

#5 2014-12-10 13:46:37

James Booth

I've never seen the latency issues in white-boarding that you describe, nor any issues (ever) with whiteboarding when using the add-in, so, I wonder if your network connection or computer is the issue?

If you have a slow speed internet connection, or, low speed CPU on your computer, then having two connections to the meeting room will NOT be helping...

Last edited by James Booth (2014-12-10 14:01:02)

Board footer