Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-10-06 05:58:33

Saulius

Anyone has problems with AC9 recordings?

Hello to Adobe Connect support team and all the users,

I decided to open this topic after a month of discussions with support team, but didn't get a proper response. They tried to help, but when asked about the root cause and how to solve it, discussions stopped.

Everything began with an update to 9 version. We were using 8 version without recording problems. We are University and recordings are vital to our study process.

When September approached, studies began and problems showed up. Some of the recordings were unusable. There were a lot of variations of how those recordings not working. Some stops at a certain point completely, some stops while skipping to some point manually (the same situation as written in Common Recording known issues), some videos has no sound or/and video, while chat and slides does work.

These problems does not appear in every recording being made, but we cannot afford letting these things happen more than let’s say twice. But it happens again and again without any indication or error pattern.

I contacted Adobe a month ago. At first they seemed to be very helpful. I supplied them with logs, meeting room and recordings information. They were even able to fix one of the fault recordings that I showed them. But when I asked why it is happening and how to fix a root cause, said they wanted to make an audio call with me. I understand that we are at different time zones, so it can be a little hard to communicate, but usually such enterprises have support teams working in a lot of time zones. At one time I couldn't come, because my work hours were over, so we arranged another meeting and support team member didn't show up. I offered another time and got no response. 5 days passed - still no response.

For support team I want to carry a message that I want recordings fixed as well as knowing a root cause for this and how to avoid it in a future. Or at least I want to get a proper response - just tell me if you can't fix it or if you plan to fix it in a future version of AC. But keeping users “happy” with a promises or trying to communicate but not coming is not a nice behavior.

As with Adobe Connect users I want to have a discussion if you have similar problems as well as telling about such a scenario and make you think twice before upgrading to 9 version. It really has ‘something’ in its recordings playback function.

#2 2014-10-06 11:32:25

jfriedlander

Re: Anyone has problems with AC9 recordings?

Hello, I posted a similar issue in the Forum yesterday. Here is my post title:  "How to get best quality flv file to convert to mp4 offline" As a brand new user who just ran our first full-fledged meeting with a recording on Friday, I never had a chance to see the difference between AC8 and AC9, but did wonder if there was an issue with the update.

Since posting yesterday I downloaded VLC (flv player) so I could watch the recording offline before converting to mp4. Same issues as I mentioned in the post.

The recording that lives on the AC server has issues, too. Jumping to a new chapter creates a stall and freezes the video part of the recording, and it never catches up.

Bummed to hear that tech support couldn't help you resolve. This was the call I was planning to make today...and I will.

Since the recording is vital to us it is critically important that it gets resolved.

#3 2014-10-10 05:42:44

Saulius

Same for me, I'll try to contact them again and again, till I have a support plan.
I hope there will be some fixes in 9.3 version though

#4 2014-11-07 12:53:42

Vasya

O, yes! This is terrible bug. It will be better to developers to rollback to the previous version of Adobe Connect and don't publish the faulty, extremely bad and unproven version of their soft.

Edited for content

Last edited by Jorma_at_CoSo (2014-11-07 18:02:48)

#5 2014-11-07 13:42:20

Vasya

In one record now was:
- three times the audio shut up, the addon don't receive and write audiotrack;
- three times the musiс was over the speech, but on the webinar I spoke at once, and only then began the music playing;
- one time the slide was not shown;
- one record was without sound.

Last edited by Vasya (2014-11-07 13:54:30)

#6 2014-11-07 18:06:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

Vasya,

Are the issues you have seen her related to meeting recordings or the Make FLV function? If this is about making the FLV versions of the recordings, then I'll edit this further to clarify that.

Also, keep in mind that while you can run into frustrating issues when using any software product, getting angry and agressive about in a public forum is not the way to get your problem solved. You can always reach out to Adobe Support or your reseller or the community at large, but no one wants to help someone who is going to just be angry.

#7 2014-11-07 19:00:01

Vasya

Yes, the Make FLV function doesn't work correct.

#8 2014-11-09 00:35:41

timanderson1164

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

Vasya,

Also, keep in mind that while you can run into frustrating issues when using any software product, getting angry and aggressive about in a public forum is not the way to get your problem solved. You can always reach out to Adobe Support or your reseller or the community at large, but no one wants to help someone who is going to just be angry.

I don't think anyone is getting angry and aggressive here.

I have spent countless hours trying to get video recordings from my online class sessions to work correctly since the latest update. 

I have contacted adobe support, and my connect provider, and still have no reply.

I was at a conference last week and talked to the Adobe connect representatives face to face, and they could not help me.

So for the end-users to get get mad on a forum should be a wake up call the Adobe and everyone that supports them to listen to us, help us, and fix these problems.

#9 2014-11-10 11:38:07

Jorma_at_CoSo

I get that, and please voice your greivances here. The point I was making was that Vasya posted his issue on multiple threads, some of which were unrelated to his problem. He started his own thread, as is appropriate, and it can be discussed there.

The portion of his post that I removed was mean and agressive. You'll notice that I didn't remove or change his posts, other than the small portion of the post above. I'm all for issues being discussed and (hopefully) resolved.

I'll give you the same advice I gave him, call Adobe Support. Then you are not waiting for a reply. Call them every day if needed, do what it takes to get the problem addressed and escelated appropriately. They can be reached at 800-945-9120 in North America and additional contact numbers can be found here, http://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/co … pport.html

The Make FLV function is a big issue and the more that Adobe hears about it (since these are user forums, don't count on this being a location for Adobe hearing about it) the more likely they are to work on a quick resolution. Some Adobe staff and Support staff will come to this forum on their own time, but it is not a part of their job to monitor this forum.

#10 2014-11-14 11:49:15

themarcomguru

I am new to Adobe Connect but for my first recording, I have found the same issue. I would be happy to just get the audio track and build my visuals in an editing program.  The FLV download was incomplete - it only gave me partial audio and no visuals.  I was unsuccessful in getting a solution from customer support.  Open to ideas...

#11 2014-11-14 12:10:44

Jorma_at_CoSo

@themarcomguru

The innial post on this thread was about an issue with the meeting recordings, not the FLV conversion. The thread around FLV conversion issues is here: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/topi … ect-addon/

#12 2014-11-14 21:29:26

TAnderson

themarcomguru,

I have problems with converting the recordings to flv also.  For some reason the recordings don't convert on the first try, so I often have to convert 2 or 3 times before I get a good clean copy.

#13 2014-11-19 12:09:05

Vasya

Today I tried to make a FLV-file three times.
All three times it was recorded with defects (time to file is different from the correct 100 times or more - file length of 2 hours got the duration of 568 hours).
Support does not help, the employee make file with the same defects, and even without the sound.
There is no hard copy function in this product.

I will migrate to http://www.anymeeting.com/.
Maybe there the developers are adequate.

#14 2014-11-19 12:10:53

Vasya

Why the developers did not test and check the most important part of AC - the FLV-maker?

Rollback to the previous normal version is the best choice for Adobe.

Last edited by Vasya (2014-11-20 16:54:06)

#15 2014-11-20 12:31:04

Muddyone

Our issue was that the webcam froze for all users watching the webinar whilst it was recording.

Board footer