Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2014-10-04 19:08:39

jfriedlander

How to get best quality flv file to convert to mp4 offline

I have downloaded the recording of a meeting (recorded after the Adobe Connect software update) a couple of times. As it is downloading all looks fine. But alas, it's not.

I have a computer with very good video resolution, much better than Adobe Connect recommends (as high as 1920X1080). It appears that I need to get the video resolution to be either exactly 1024X768 or the equivalent ratio in a higher resolution. Is this true?

Regardless, some issues with converting to MP4.

The first time I downloaded the flv file (screen resolution 1600X900)and converted it to mp4 the lag between audio and video was much more than when I played the recording online in Adobe Connect, and the video image well, sucked.

The second time I downloaded the flv file (screen resolution 1280X960) the look was better but one of my videos (uploaded content) didn't play at all in the playback of the mp4 file.

FYI, I use Wondershare to convert flv to mp4. I tried Adobe Media Encoder because it has more conversion options and when I converted to mp4 the audio was completely missing. Maybe I chose the wrong settings but still, huh?

Why do I want to do this at all? When we played back the Adobe Connect and jumped to a new chapter, the video transmission would often freeze. Again, huh?

Any specific help you can offer will be much appreciated.

Last edited by jfriedlander (2014-10-04 19:44:12)

#2 2014-10-10 12:49:13

anhyzer

Re: How to get best quality flv file to convert to mp4 offline

Have you tried downloading the recording as a ZIP file and running it through Jaydeep's Recording Repair Assistant (https://my.adobeconnect.com/JRRA)? That tool is designed to repair audio and video issues in Connect recordings.

To download a Connect recording as a ZIP file, append this to the recording URL: /output/filename.zip?download=zip

Once you've run JRRA, you can upload the new ZIP file to the Content Library on your Connect server and see if the recording playback is better. JRRA doesn't fix every broken recording, but it has saved some recordings for us.

--Chris

#3 2014-10-13 13:22:10

jfriedlander

Re: How to get best quality flv file to convert to mp4 offline

Chris, thank you for your reply and suggestion. More work than I would want to do on a regular basis, but a good resource to know about.

Just talked to my Clarix rep for Adobe. He does not think the issues we happened to have are "normal" and maybe related to the update to Adobe. If something shakes loose in the investigations (I have the Adobe expert tech team looking at all this too) I'll post here.

~ Joan

Board footer